Windows 10: Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?

Discus and support Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; You all may remember that amazingly detailed little appearance panel that let us do things like change the size of the font in the title bar, change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Wisewiz, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Wisewiz Win User

Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?

You all may remember that amazingly detailed little appearance panel that let us do things like change the size of the font in the title bar, change the thickness of window borders, change the font in context menus, change the colors of individual things like the backgrounds in app windows and explorer windows, and many other wonderful things. I think we still had it in 7, but I know for sure we still had it in XP. Now we have Settings and Personalization. It's not even remotely the same degree of control. Has anyone seen a third-party tweaker out there that will let users do those individually interesting things in W10?

:)

Wisewiz, Jun 10, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Jun 10, 2021
  3. windows 10 control panel

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you want to know how to access the control panel in Windows 10?

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps to open the Control Panel in the system.

Step 1: Opening Control Panel in Windows 10.

• Open Run command box by simultaneously pressing Windows and R keys (Windows + R).

• In the Run dialog box, type
      Control
      and then press Enter key to open the classic Control Panel.
    Step 2: Access Control Panel in Windows 10 from desktop.

• Right-click on the Start button (Windows logo button at the bottom-left corner of the desktop) and then click Control Panel to open the same.
    Step 3: Launch Control Panel using search.

• Open Start menu or screen.

• In the search box, enter Control Panel and then press Enter key to open the same.
    Note: You can quickly access the search with the help of Windows + C hotkey.

Step 4: Create Control Panel shortcut on desktop.

• Right-click on desktop, click New, and then click Shortcut.
    • In Type the location of the item box, type the following path.
    explorer shell:ControlPanelFolder

• Click Next button.
    • In the Type a name for this shortcut box, type Control Panel, and click Finish button. You can now double-click on the Control Panel icon on the desktop to quickly launch the same.
    Step 5: Pin Control Panel to Start or taskbar.

• In the Start search box, type Control Panel.

• When you see search results, right-click on Control Panel entry and then click Pin to Start to pin it to the Start menu or screen.
    Note: Clicking Pin to taskbar will pin the Control Panel to taskbar.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?

Where are the old Control Panel items?

I didn't get them to work by using the program, the 3rd party tweak tool had a function that let you see almost every shortcut to parts of the Windows Shell.

MinecraftFan355, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool?

1. Old Appearance control panel: 3rd-party tool? - Similar Threads - Old Appearance control

2. Linking 3rd parties.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  3. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  4. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrative tools - control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrative tools - control panel: Conttol pannel>administrative tools. Menus displayed in administrative tools from control pannel appear as shortcuts win 10. Is it normal or my system is infected with any mallware?...
  6. 3rd party webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party webcam: I recently installed a 3rd party webcam to my Windows 10 XPS 13. I often have to restart to access it. I don't want disable the integrated camera because it works to identify me. I would like to make the new Webcam the default. When I follow instructions and right click on...
  7. 3rd party controller only recognized as a input device and not as a controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3rd party controller only recognized as a input device and not as a controller: I have this 3rd party Pro Controller that I use on my PC. Today I bought this bluetooth dongle so I could use my controller wirelessly. When I pair it with my pc though, it doesn't recognize it as a controller. When I use the USB it does and when I connect it to my phone...
  8. 3rd Party Company

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    3rd Party Company: I did a search for MS tech support and 855-345-8210 was a search result, so I called the number. I needed help with Outlook. The rep said MS no longer supported Outlook, and they were the company that handled Outlook support. I gave them access to my computer. They fixed the...
  9. 3rd party utilities

in Windows 10 Customization
    3rd party utilities: A ms phone tech once told me to not use any 3rd party utilities such as ccleaner (and there are many others) and just rely on Windows to take care of everything. Before he told me this, I had used ccleaner and it seemed to clean a lot of stuff. Frankly I never noticed a...
  10. How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel?: After the Creator update, the control panel is gone. So now I don't know how to add a specific colorprofile for my monitor anymore. It is a .icc file. In control panel I found it in "Screen resolution" -> "color management" -> select profile. But where is this setting in the...