Windows 10: Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management

Discus and support Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'am adding a photo of my disk management. I just installed a larger ssd and took out my old one. When I got to rename the new disk drive I added, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kelley62, Aug 9, 2022.

1. kelley62 Win User

Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management

I'am adding a photo of my disk management. I just installed a larger ssd and took out my old one. When I got to rename the new disk drive I added, it won't let me because the old disk drive is still showing up. I am wanting to format my computer, but can't do anything until I can get Disk 0 to be my C: Windows boot drive. Any ideas of what is happening? Thank you!

:)

kelley62, Aug 9, 2022

2. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 9, 2022
  3. Boot Emergency!

No it doesnt show. Only my OS drive.

Its there and it says it running and normal.

Anyway I just had the same boot problem on reboot. Everything was fine 10 minutes ago. Now it wont boot without my manually selecting the drive.

TheMailMan78, Aug 9, 2022
  4. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

1. Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management - Similar Threads - Old boot drive

2. My new drive isnt showing up in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new drive isnt showing up in disk manager.: I just got a new ssd not too long ago and im trying to install it. Its not working as storage so I have to configure it. It is detected under "disk drives" as Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1 TB but whenever I open disk management, it doesnt show a second drive. I already checked the...
  3. My new drive isnt showing up in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new drive isnt showing up in disk manager.: I just got a new ssd not too long ago and im trying to install it. Its not working as storage so I have to configure it. It is detected under "disk drives" as Samsung SSD 870 EVO 1 TB but whenever I open disk management, it doesnt show a second drive. I already checked the...
  4. My new drive isnt showing up in disk manager.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management: I'am adding a photo of my disk management. I just installed a larger ssd and took out my old one. When I got to rename the new disk drive I added, it won't let me because the old disk drive is still showing up. I am wanting to format my computer, but can't do anything until I...
  6. Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old boot drive is still showing up in my disk management: I'am adding a photo of my disk management. I just installed a larger ssd and took out my old one. When I got to rename the new disk drive I added, it won't let me because the old disk drive is still showing up. I am wanting to format my computer, but can't do anything until I...
  7. Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive shows up in Disk Management, but not in File Explorer: I'm running bootcamp Windows 10 on MacOS Monterey 2018 Macbook Air. I've been using the hard drive Seagate backup to play valorant. However, after a computer restart, now it doesn't show up in file explorer. I tried this on another pc, both running windows 10, and got the...
  8. My hard drive isn't showing up in disk managment.

My hard drive isn't showing up in disk managment.: So recently I have built a new pc and I have one Samsung SSD 120 GB, but I have also installed another 1TB hard drive through the SATA ports. However the hard drive would show up in my bios page and in the device manager under disk drives, but when I open up disk management I...
  9. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  10. My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.: How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-hard-drive-shows-up-in-device-manager-but/20dbfc90-2335-42f1-8dee-7b1c0abd58b4"