Windows 10: Old bug back?

Discus and support Old bug back? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Win 10 pro was automatically updated yesterday. Now, when I copy and paste a file with the same name from one directory to an other, a copy of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ProcyonIV, Feb 27, 2021.

1. ProcyonIV Win User

Old bug back?

My Win 10 pro was automatically updated yesterday. Now, when I copy and paste a file with the same name from one directory to an other, a copy of the file name + copy +number is created instead of displaying the "overwrite or not" dialog. That use to be a Win 7 bug. Is it back in Win 10 or am I the only one with this issue?

Thanks,

Jacques

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ‎5/‎30/‎2020
    OS build 19042.804
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

:)

ProcyonIV, Feb 27, 2021

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Feb 27, 2021
  3. Unlink an old android phone from my pc

I go thru the suggested steps: Start - Settings - Phone - Unlink this PC.

When I first open the "your phone" screen the old phone is listed. Not sure if the phone listed is suppose to be selectable or not, but my is not. When I select "Unlink this PC" the phone listed is removed. When I select "Add Phone" the old phone still
    shows. I have removed the old phone from my Microsoft Account. I have rebooted after unlink this pc but I still cannot remove my old phone.

LostSailorPO1, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Old bug back?

Bug with GWX translation

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to give your feedback about the bug in the feedback app.

To do so you can follow this below steps:

• Type “Windows Feedback” in the
      search box of Windows 10 system.

• From the search results shown, select the option for Windows Feedback app and launch it.

• As a mandatory step, please check the existing Windows 10 feedback reports and bug reports to make sure your identified issue or bug is not already present in them.

• If your bug or feedback is already mentioned by someone else, you can click on the “Me too” option which informs Microsoft that even you have faced similar issue / bug.

• In case of a new bug, feel elated that you found one and using the “New Feedback” option specify the relevant details clearly (possibly by making use of some screenshots for clarity).

• Once you are sure that you have shared all possible details about the issue you found with some Windows 10 functionality or feature, click on the “Submit” option to share your valuable feedback
      with Microsoft.
    The above step-by-step guide on using Windows Feedback app will help you to report any new error or bug with the Microsoft Windows 10 features. Please feel free to share any bugs that you may come across and may possibly
    have reported the same using this Feedback app.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Old bug back?

1. Old bug back? - Similar Threads - Old bug

2. Malware exploits decade old Windows bug, which has an opt-in fix

in Windows 10 News
    Malware exploits decade old Windows bug, which has an opt-in fix: A decade old Windows bug, for which a fix is available, is used by malware currently in attacks against Windows devices. Malware actors may exploit the vulnerability to add malicious code to signed Windows files without them losing their signed status. Digital signatures are...
  3. 8 year old bug? Taskbar is sometimes showing a duplicate Notepad icon when opening text files

in Windows 10 Customization
    8 year old bug? Taskbar is sometimes showing a duplicate Notepad icon when opening text files: Notepad will sometimes appear as a duplicate icon on the taskbar when opening a textfile *.txt. Other times it activates the pinned Notepad icon on the taskbar which is normal behaviour. The pinned icon works correctly i.e. it shows the Pinned and Recent sections when I right...
  4. 8 year old bug? Taskbar is sometimes showing a duplicate Notepad icon when opening text files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 year old bug? Taskbar is sometimes showing a duplicate Notepad icon when opening text files: Notepad will sometimes appear as a duplicate icon on the taskbar when opening a textfile *.txt. Other times it activates the pinned Notepad icon on the taskbar which is normal behaviour. The pinned icon works correctly i.e. it shows the Pinned and Recent sections when I right...
  5. 8 year old bug? Taskbar is sometimes showing a duplicate Notepad icon when opening text files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Im experiencing BSOD in my old laptop , and shows bug check in event veiwer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Im experiencing BSOD in my old laptop , and shows bug check in event veiwer.: I wanted to use my old laptop for emergency cases but i keep experiencing frequent BSOD errors and when i check event viewer it says bug check check dump files , i have no clue what to do. i also installed winodws again and rest my laptop and still the error keeps popping...
  7. Im experiencing BSOD in my old laptop , and shows bug check in event veiwer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Im experiencing BSOD in my old laptop , and shows bug check in event veiwer.: I wanted to use my old laptop for emergency cases but i keep experiencing frequent BSOD errors and when i check event viewer it says bug check check dump files , i have no clue what to do. i also installed winodws again and rest my laptop and still the error keeps popping...
  8. Im experiencing BSOD in my old laptop , and shows bug check in event veiwer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Old Stutter Bug when using Laptop to External Monitor is back

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old Stutter Bug when using Laptop to External Monitor is back: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SCTRON [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/vsjtcl/old_stutter_bug_when_using_laptop_to_external/
  10. I'm shocked a 17 year old bug only has 100 votes. Is it really that unique of an issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm shocked a 17 year old bug only has 100 votes. Is it really that unique of an issue?: submitted by /u/brett1337 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmx3vt/im_shocked_a_17_year_old_bug_only_has_100_votes/