Windows 10: Old Chipset Driver

Discus and support Old Chipset Driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old laptop which is a thinkpad r61i, I wonder should I install old chipset driver which manufacturer provide in 2012 or just let the windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AhmetUlusoy, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Old Chipset Driver

I have an old laptop which is a thinkpad r61i, I wonder should I install old chipset driver which manufacturer provide in 2012 or just let the windows install all the drivers itself. Btw this old chipset driver includes:

IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 1 - 283F
    IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 2 - 2841
    IntelR ICH8 Family PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2843
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2830
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2831
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2832
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2834
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 2835
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 2836
    IntelR ICH8 Family USB2 Enhanced Host Controller - 283A
    IntelR ICH8M 3 port Serial ATA Storage Controller - 2828
    IntelR ICH8M LPC Interface Controller - 2815
    IntelR ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850
    Mobile IntelR PM965/GM965/GL960/GS965 Express Processor to DRAM Controller - 2A00

drivers. Currently I only installed fresh windows 10 and uses standard drivers instead of these drivers.

:)

AhmetUlusoy, Mar 28, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Old Chipset Driver :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Latest AMD Chipset Drivers Released

Latest AMD Crimson Chipset Drivers Released

Old Chipset Driver [​IMG]
    Information WHQL version: 18.10.0830
    Release Date: September 4, 2018

Supports:

Windows® 7/10 for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • 7th-Gen AMD A-Series Processors
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor
    • AMD X470 Chipset
    • AMD X370 Chipset
    • AMD B450 Chipset
    • AMD B350 Chipset
    • AMD A320 Chipset
    Windows® 10 only for
    • 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processor
    • AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
    • AMD X399 Chipset
    Package Includes:
    • AMD Chipset Drivers
    • AMD Ryzen™ Balanced Power Plan

AMD Chipsets Driver Download

Brink, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Old Chipset Driver

intel chipset drivers missingyssue I

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

The issue might cause due to incompatible drivers. Visit the computer manufacturer website and download the chipset drivers and install the drivers in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Old Chipset Driver

1. Old Chipset Driver - Similar Threads - Old Chipset Driver

2. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  3. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset Driver safe: is Chipset Driver safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-driver-safe/3a78ef00-dcff-4cbc-ae46-a512443e9106
  4. Chipset Driver safe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  6. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  7. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Chipset Driver for Old PC

Chipset Driver for Old PC: Win 10 1909 This has probably been asked a million times, but, sorry, I can't find an answer that is clear to me. I decided to put my older PC back in service (backup PC). It's an Asus G10AJ and I've installed the current WIndows 10 (1909). It's a 9 Series (H97). The only...
  9. AMD chipset driver

AMD chipset driver: I was wondering what would happen if I installed wrong amd chipset driver an older version then reinstalled to a newer one from the manufacturer’s site? Could it cause problems with drivers and Windows? Thank you...
  10. Chipset Driver Question

Chipset Driver Question: Hello , have a good day. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Everything looks fine in the Device Manager. Will the recent chipset drivers from the AMD site affect the performance of the load?There is no AHCI or Raid in the system.There is an "AMD usb filter driver" and...