Windows 10: Old Computer listed on account but now out of commission

Discus and support Old Computer listed on account but now out of commission in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had and old Dell optiplex computer that i took out of commission quite some time ago as it no longer worked. The computer is still listed as one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mychips70, Jul 22, 2019.

1. mychips70 Win User

Old Computer listed on account but now out of commission

I had and old Dell optiplex computer that i took out of commission quite some time ago as it no longer worked. The computer is still listed as one of my computers. Can Microsoft provide me with the windows 10 pro key as its listed. It was originally a win7pro that got the upgarde.

:)

mychips70, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Old Computer listed on account but now out of commission

Windows 10 Old Microsoft account issue.

Tom,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Since the issue is still facing, you may try the below steps and check.

Step 1: Change your old account type from Microsoft account to Local account and then delete this old account by logging into some administrator account.

To switch to a Local Account follow these steps:

• Login to your old account.
    • Press “Windows key +X”.
    • Go to Settings
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    Step 2: Login to some other account which has administrator privilege and delete the old account.

• Click on Start and select
      Settings
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now select Family & other users.
    • Here you find your old account, just select and click on
      Remove.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Old Computer listed on account but now out of commission

1. Old Computer listed on account but now out of commission - Similar Threads - Old Computer listed

2. Old account locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old account locked out: I had an account which I suspected had a hacker on, so I locked my own account and so I am locked out of my gaming pc only account and I am unable to get back in, its been over a year now with no luck is there a way for Microsoft to delete an old account?...
  3. Old account locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old account locked out: I had an account which I suspected had a hacker on, so I locked my own account and so I am locked out of my gaming pc only account and I am unable to get back in, its been over a year now with no luck is there a way for Microsoft to delete an old account?...
  4. Old account locked out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Download Commissioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download Commissioning: The Microsoft store is blocked when starting the download, I am installing Crunchyroll and the bar does not move to show the progress. This also happened to me when trying to install Minecraft....
  6. Download Commissioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download Commissioning: The Microsoft store is blocked when starting the download, I am installing Crunchyroll and the bar does not move to show the progress. This also happened to me when trying to install Minecraft....
  7. Download Commissioning

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. Microsoft Account old email listed in Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account old email listed in Microsoft Store: When attempting to download a Microsoft Store App, on my PC, my old email is listed and I don't know how to change it. My Microsoft Account is updated and I am signed in, Photo 1 it is just when I have to "verify" my account that it shows my old email Photo 2...
  9. lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lost password for msn account and now locked out of computer: How do I reset a password for a microsoft account that's so old and wasn't being used for email that there isn't any security info to use to verify ownership? It is also on an old domain "***.msn.com" It was only being used to login into this one computer which I don't want...
  10. Federal Trade Commission - Computer Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Federal Trade Commission - Computer Security: Another interesting find for computer security. This time from the Federal Trade Commission(FTC). The internet offers access to a world of products and services, entertainment and information. At the same time, it creates opportunities for scammers, hackers, and...