Windows 10: OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

Discus and support OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DAVIDSUMMERLIN, Jun 20, 2020.

1. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

I HAVE AN ACCOUNT ON AN OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7? I JUST BOUGHT A NEW "HP LAPTOP" WITH WINDOWS 10, AND OPENED A NEW ACCOUNT BY ACCIDENT, USING PHONE # 1-850-225-4905~!! MY OLD ACCOUNT IS "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" and is what i use to sign-in to BING,INTERNET EXPLORER & WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY?? I NEED TO DELETE THE PHONE ACCT. & ESTABLISH THE E-MAIL ACCT. TO MY NEW COMPUTER??? PLEASE HELP??

:)

DAVIDSUMMERLIN, Jun 20, 2020

2. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Jun 20, 2020
  3. I'm trying to install windows 10 in new computer from USB drive.

My computer had windows 7 already when I bought but question is, will product key right now windows 7 in my computer will work to clean install for windows 10?

My plan is download windows 10 to in my USB and activate product key with windows 7 from my computer for clean install. Will it work?

I repeat, my computer already had windows 7 when I bought computer.

Thanks.

blizzard49, Jun 20, 2020
  4. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

Transferring old Hard Drive to New Computer. Is it possible?

Hi I was planning to move hardware from old computer to new computer. New computer have totally diffrent CPU and motherboard yet is it still possible to run the old hard ware to new computer?

I'm doing this because i'm trying to save my money to get the free windows 10. In another word, I'm planning to upgrade win 7 to 10 in my hardware in new computer.
    Please tell me it's possible to use hardware from old computer to new computer.

Thanks.

blizzard49, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10

1. OLD COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 7 / NEW COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - OLD COMPUTER COMPUTER

2. Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Migrate from Old Windows 7 Computer to New Windows 10 Computer: I'm helping my daughters family move from he old W7 laptop to a new W10 laptop. The old one only had her user account. The new one will have additional users.I'm tried to determine the best approach to move data and programs from the old to new laptop and set up new users....
  3. transferring windows 10 from old to new computer

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    transferring windows 10 from old to new computer: Hi There, my old computer is packing it in, so i have got a new one. want to know if i can download windows 10 and use my product key to activeate in on the new computer or do i have to buy windows 10 again?...
  4. Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?

Upgrading Windows 7 To Windows 10 On Old Computer Without USB?: I have an old dell desktop that uses windows 7. I haven't used it in long time and it just stays there. But i want to upgrade it to windows 10 as well. I read you can still do the upgrade. 1. How do i update it from windows 7 to windows 10? I don't see option like on...
  5. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  6. transfer of contacts old old win 7 comp to new win 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer of contacts old old win 7 comp to new win 10 computer: I have copied the .pst file from old computer that seems to be contacts or an old back up or something as is dated older than when all data moved to new comp, how do I get the latest file of all contacts, but in trying to import into new email setup (Microsoft 2010) it keeps...
  7. Install old computer on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...
  8. Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS

Windows 10 on OLD COMPUTERS: Continuing the legacy of hackerman1. Here's the thread about Windows 10 installations on OLD COMPUTERS ! . I start with my computer here . NOTE : As of Windows 8.1 there's NO LONGER the WEI (Windows Experience Index) benchmark from Microsoft , so you will have to...
  9. Want old Windows HDD with Window 7 Home &new Win10 Home on new compute

Want old Windows HDD with Window 7 Home &new Win10 Home on new compute: I can't figure out how to do this. I don't have experience with two drives, dual boot, and such things. My HP laptop with a 1 TB hard drive with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit broke its cooling fan and the repair place says it would they might not be able to fix it even...
  10. Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7

Installing Windows 10 on new computer with Windows 7: I just purchased an HP Elitedesk 705 G1 MT. It came with Windows 7 installed but it was supposed to be upgradable to Windows 10. Since the free upgrade period has expired I purchased a Windows 10 download from Microsoft. Last year I upgraded my old computer and I had the...