Windows 10: Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX

Discus and support Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello As the title What should I use ? (gaming-movies-music) Is the old creative Audigy still worth to use ? Creative Audigy Platinum EX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016.

1. makisxxx Win User

Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX

makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016
  2. Vin_G Win User

Windows 10 - 64bit Fall Creators Update Auto changing ASUS Xonar Audio Bit-depth?

To get straight to it, the issue is whenever the sound icon in the Windows taskbar tray is clicked, Windows will automatically change my ASUS Xonar DX's bit depth, in Windows sound properties, from 24bit - 96khz to 16bit - 96khz. This also changes my audio
    channels in the Xonar DX Audio Center from 8 to 2. This happens only once after first booting into Windows and happens every time.

This issue has been seemingly common as of lately amongst ASUS Xonar sound card users. Specifically listed hereon the Xonar Uni drivers website, under:

"Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709)

• Default format(bit-depth and sample rate) from Windows Volume->Playback devices and the number of audio channels resets each time the Windows Volume icon is clicked (#1, #2).
      Anyone affected should report the issue to Microsoft."

So, if this can be forwarded to the Windows 10 technicians and developers, that would be appreciated.

Vin_G, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Tovad Win User
    Progress installing the Windows 10 November update stops responding at 44%

For the Creative X-Fi and Audigy 4 using the newest drivers in combination with the 2016 updated windows 10 ISO's 32 bit solved the driver BSOD problem (for me). (It was never a problem when installing under the 64 bit version of Windows 10)

However it remained a problem for the Audigy 2 cards. I solved the BSOD problem and an Audigy 2 (ZS) with the newer version of Windows 10 511 32 bit as follows:

In Windows 10 build 240:

(1) Download the new (January 2016) Audigy 4 driver from Creative for Windows 10 . The file is named: SBA4_SII_PCDRV_L02_3_01_0046.exe

(2) Extract this exe file using WinRAR to a folder on your desktop.

(3) Right click on your Audigy 2 driver in your Device manager and click on update driver. Select from file on my computer and browse to the subfolder "Drivers" under the extracted Audigy 4 driver.

(4) Reboot after the install and then use one of the newer versions of Windows 10 (the February or April updated ISO) to update build 240 to build 586 (i.e. Win 10 version 511)

Tovad, Jan 20, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2016
  5. makisxxx Win User
    yes thanks but I got those 2 cards already just don't know which one to use. sure the creative is an old card but I got so much extras so don't know realy.asus is new pci-e card

makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2016
  7. makisxxx Win User
    makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

Yes indeed. Thanks for the link. Just installed and now I got Console Launcher and THX setup console for my X-Fi Titanium

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2016
  9. makisxxx Win User
    Any Issues? are you on Windows 10?

makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016
  10. topgundcp Win User
    None

topgundcp, Jan 20, 2016
  11. makisxxx Win User
    good. I go install my Audigy see what happen *Smile
    good day and thanks *Smile

makisxxx, Jan 20, 2016
  12. stormy13 Win User
    Creative may be known for driver issues (not as much as before), but thanks to Daniel_K that is pretty much a thing of the past. As far as Asus goes, Asus and driver support are three words that don't belong in the same sentence. Asus is well known for putting out a card and then maybe one driver update if you're lucky before dropping support. They were also rather late to the Windows 10 party with any working drivers for their sound cards, and whatever drivers they have now are for the most part nothing more than the last Windows 8/8.1 driver with Windows 10 support added.

Fortunately there is also someone like Daniel that mods drivers for Xonar cards,

UNi Xonar Drivers official page - MaxedTech

The biggest problem Asus sounds cards or any sound card using a C-Media chip, is they have to wait for C-Media to release a driver update before they can prep them for their cards. At least with Creative, they are the manufacturer and source for the drivers.

stormy13, Jan 20, 2016
  13. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information.

BunnyJ, Jan 20, 2016
  14. makisxxx Win User
    Yes i have those drivers for my asus xonar dx. official ones still in beta i guess

makisxxx, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Old Creative Audigy Platinum EX vs Asus XOnar DX - Similar Threads - Old Creative Audigy

2. Audio Dropouts with Asus Xonar SE 5.1 and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Dropouts with Asus Xonar SE 5.1 and Windows 10: I'm currently trying to set up a soundcard I purchased. I'm setting up a pc using an ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard, and a Core 2 Quad 9660K The original Rampage Extreme board would come with an Asus sound riser in a PCI slot, but as I purchased this board used I don't...
  3. After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working: After updating to Windows 10 2004 Creative Soundblaster Audigy Fx sound card is not working. There is no sound my web browsers. I have tested this in both the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. When playing videos, the sound is significantly reduced...
  4. Asus Xonar DGX sound card

Asus Xonar DGX sound card: Hello, I am having a problem with installation of my sound card software since device manager is not listing it. I have win version 1909, OS build 18363.959. Thanks!...
  5. Creative Audigy 2/2Z Drivers for Windows 10 1903 - No Sound.

Creative Audigy 2/2Z Drivers for Windows 10 1903 - No Sound.: If you are experiencing no sound after updating to 1903 from 1809 or doing a clean install do the following: If you do not have Daniel K's SB Audigy Series Support Pack 6.2 installed already then download this from:...
  6. Xonar SE soundcard audio stutters (WIN10 1809 vs 1903)

Xonar SE soundcard audio stutters (WIN10 1809 vs 1903): I recently got myself a Xonar SE sound card and have some trouble with it, or more likely, Windows 10, not sure which is the problem. Note: it has a C-Media USB2.0 6620A chip on it...so that means an ASMedia usb controller is tossed into the mix. Using the default MS driver...
  7. Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working

Creative SB Audigy 2.zs not working: WinVer 1903 (OS build 18362.418) May be an unsolvable problem, but... Just upgraded to Win 10 pro, over the top of win 7 pro. Now my speakers won't work. Have determined that the speakers actually do work and the sound card works but the driver (6.0.1.1377 dated March of...
  8. Asus Xonar D2X drivers

Asus Xonar D2X drivers: I have a Asus Xonar D2X sound-card and although it will run using a third party driver the sound is not half as good as in other versions of Windows. There is a lot of echo that I cannot turn off and the software says it is turned off. To be honest the sound is poo and...
  9. Driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. for Windows 10

Driver Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. for Windows 10: Hi, My Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. I wanted to ask if there is Driver or something better and that works for the sound card Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro. Here are the Driver for the Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 upgraded to Windows 10, but my Sound Card is the...
  10. Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?

Using Xonar DX DAC and an external headphone amp?: I'm trying to use my Xonar DX sound card just as a DAC with my external headphone amp. My headphone amp (Cavalli Liquid Carbon) doesn't have TOSLINK input, only RCA, 3.5mm and XLR. There is a 3.5mm to RCA cable, and I've plugged that into the line out jack but I'm not hearing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver SBA4_SII_PCDRV_L02_3_01_0046.exe