Windows 10: Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ?

Discus and support Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi. I have noticed that for some days now I am not getting "Definition updates" for Windows defender via Windows Update, but rather "Security... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LaurFlorin, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ?

Hi.

I have noticed that for some days now I am not getting "Definition updates" for Windows defender via Windows

Update, but rather "Security Intelligence" updates.

Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ? d262f4a6-fca1-426f-b581-9da0a1e224c3?upload=true.png

I was just wondering if this is just a change in the name for the malware definitions or if it's a separate class

of updates for Window Defender and I should still be expected to get "Definition Updates" alongside "Security

Intelligence" updates.

Thank you!

:)

LaurFlorin, Aug 9, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Stepping up protection with intelligent security

Source: Stepping up protection with intelligent security | Microsoft Secure Blog

Brink, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Milton Win User
    definition update for windows denfender antivirus

Hi mknic,
    I have literally just installed the definition update KB2267602 without any problem. I suggest as a first step checking all the Windows Defender settings to make sure they all have the 'green ticks' in each section.

Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ? [​IMG]

ps. The only reason the 'Family Options' is not ticked is because I am the only user on my computer.

I also would suggest running the 'Troubleshoot' feature in the Update & Security settings which has a section dealing with update problems.

Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ? [​IMG]

Milton, Aug 9, 2019
  4. FredWall Win User

Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ?

Windows Defender Definition Updates.

Thank you Elba for the prompt reply. However, there is a problem: In "Control Panel" under the "Programs and Features" page > "View Installed Updates" the " Windows Defender Definition Updates" are NOT listed. Consequently, I cannot delete/uninstall them.
    The same thing happens when I use "Settings" >" Updates & Security" > "View Update History". Here the Definition Updates are all listed but I can't uninstall them either. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again, Fred

FredWall, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ?

1. Old "Definition update" = New "Security intelligence" ? - Similar Threads - Old Definition update

2. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 is consuming...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 is consuming...: Due to so much (Windows Defender Antivirus )consuming internet data , I cant work anything on web page Please suggest me , what is this process????[ATTACH]...
  3. About Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender

in Windows 10 News
    About Security Intelligence Updates for Microsoft Defender: If you administrate systems protected by Windows Defender, the default antivirus solution that is included in Windows, you may have noticed that Windows Update downloaded a definitions update called Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus. Windows Update...
  4. Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB22676

Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB22676: Is this new? Just got what I thought was a Defender Definition Update, but the name seems to have changed now to Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus. Same KB number, same numbering sequence, just a name change. Even Reliability History show some with...
  5. Definition Update for Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Definition Update for Windows: I need help to resolve the following failed update: Definition Antivirus - KB2267602 (Definition 1.299.687.0) Failed to install on 7/28/2019 (2019 - 0x80240006 Device Specifications Inspiron 24-5459 Processor: Intel Core i7-6700T CPU 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz System Type:...
  6. Cloud App Security threat intelligence

Cloud App Security threat intelligence: Hi All, Just wanted to ask if there is a reference for the threat intelligence detection type, like how did it identify, and classified it, is there like an observables or IOC's that make it triggered the detection, recently we had some detections the malware is named as,...
  7. definition updating

definition updating: can't update the definition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_updating-windows_10/definition-updating/01d2f8f4-51bd-48f3-b7d7-03f00f5c959d
  8. Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update hanging on old Windows Defender definition download: When I check the status of Windows Update on my laptop running Win10 x64, it says that updates are available, and that the download is at 98% complete. When I click on details, I can see that KB3105210 is waiting for installation, KB3106932 is waiting for installation, and...
  9. A new vision for intelligent communications in #Office365

in Windows 10 News
    A new vision for intelligent communications in #Office365: Today at Microsoft Ignite in Orlando, Florida, we introduced a new vision for intelligent communications, transforming calling and meeting experiences for people and organizations around the world. Intelligent communications go beyond traditional unified communications,...
  10. Stepping up protection with intelligent security

in Windows 10 News
    Stepping up protection with intelligent security: With digital transformation, technology becomes increasingly central to every business and organization. This makes ensuring cybersecurity increasingly important. And, as employees increase their use of mobile devices and cloud-based apps, protecting their work requires a new...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security intelligence update windows defender

2. windows intelligence update

3. what the difference between security intelligence and defntion for defender windows 10