Windows 10: Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time

Discus and support Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currently use two monitors and if i switch to use one, Old deleted files and/ or shortcuts appear on the desktop after a short time. If i try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Popa2caps, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Popa2caps Win User

Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time

I currently use two monitors and if i switch to use one, Old deleted files and/ or shortcuts appear on the desktop after a short time.

If i try to delete them, Windows says it can't find the file? Note, these files where deleted from the desktop at some point, I'm not saying that every file deleted form my computer that was deleted shows up.

:)

Popa2caps, Sep 29, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Quick Access Shortcut Appears on the Desktop -- Cannot Delete

For the past few weeks a shortcut for Quick Access has been appearing on my desktop. After hours or days it will disappear, only to reappear a short time later. I haven't been able to link its appearance with any specific action of mine. It cannot be deleted.

Windows 10 Home is up to date and virus/malware scans have come up clean. It does open Quick Access in Explorer.

Below is a image of the shortcut with its context menu.

Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time fc0a1c32-5147-4556-b493-c510672d33c5.jpg

Jimmy Roberts, Sep 29, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Old Deleted Files and/ or Shortcuts Appear On The Desktop After A Short Time - Similar Threads - Old Deleted Files

2. Reproducible mouse appearance corruption using Remote Desktop after short idle time on host

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reproducible mouse appearance corruption using Remote Desktop after short idle time on host: I have had many PCs over the years, and I remote desktop into lots of PCs. I have a bug that no one seems to have reported, or have reported similar issues that never get fixed.The APPEARANCE of the mouse cursor on the remote computer get corrupted, though it continues to...
  3. Reproducible mouse appearance corruption using Remote Desktop after short idle time on host

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reproducible mouse appearance corruption using Remote Desktop after short idle time on host: I have had many PCs over the years, and I remote desktop into lots of PCs. I have a bug that no one seems to have reported, or have reported similar issues that never get fixed.The APPEARANCE of the mouse cursor on the remote computer get corrupted, though it continues to...
  4. Reproducible mouse appearance corruption using Remote Desktop after short idle time on host

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops: I am experiencing a random issue in my environment where a user will login and their desktop will get populated with shortcuts and files that do not belong to them. Usually they are shortcuts that are pointing to folders in other departments which they would have no rights...
  6. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops: I am experiencing a random issue in my environment where a user will login and their desktop will get populated with shortcuts and files that do not belong to them. Usually they are shortcuts that are pointing to folders in other departments which they would have no rights...
  7. Multiple shortcuts and files randomly appear on desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Deleted icons, folder, shortcuts etc reappear after some time on the Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted icons, folder, shortcuts etc reappear after some time on the Desktop: I've build myself a computer with complety new parts, storage too. Now the system is about 3 months old and I have this, minor I hope, yet annoying, little issue. On the desktop, when I delete files, shortcuts, folders and such, they reappear again after some time has...
  9. Deleted files on desktop re-appear as "ghosts" after fullscreen app

Deleted files on desktop re-appear as "ghosts" after fullscreen app: WIN10 Home, Ver. 20H2 , Build 19042.746 , but problem persists since various versions When I delete files or shortcuts from the desktop, they're gone as they should be. But as soon as I run a program in fullscreen e.g. games, the deleted files re-appear as "ghosts", meaning...
  10. Shortcut Overlays appearing on non-shortcut icons on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Overlays appearing on non-shortcut icons on desktop: Hello, I recently purchased a new Windows 10 laptop, and it has an odd issue which my old Windows 10 machine didn't... All the icons on the desktop (except the Recycle Bin) are showing shortcut overlays (little blue arrows on the lower-left corner of the icon) - whether...