Windows 10: Old desktop view

Discus and support Old desktop view in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my old desktop view how do I get it back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LisaKarch1, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Old desktop view

I want my old desktop view how do I get it back?

:)

LisaKarch1, Jan 25, 2019
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 25, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

Old desktop view

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

Old desktop view

1. Old desktop view - Similar Threads - Old desktop view

2. Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toggle from Tablet view to Desktop View: I've just set up my Tablet view in Windows 10 in preparation for Windows 11 upgrade. However, I'm still used to the Classic Desktop view and have a few items still linked to it that I would like to access. Without changing the settings for Tablet and restarting; has anyone...
  3. laptop desktop view

in Windows 10 Customization
    laptop desktop view: By mistake I updated my desktop apps to go in order.... Before I did this I had a photo set in the middle of the desktop with apps around it. I can't seem to reset it... Please help Thank you...
  4. Blur Desktop view

Blur Desktop view: hello all this blurr view is bothering me and I tried all the solutions i found on the internet and nothing worked . I knew it is called the "acrylic effect" can anybody help?[IMG]...
  5. viewing my desktop

viewing my desktop: my laptop no longer shows my desktop and all the icons, instead i have the full start up , how do i change it back??? it is the Yoga model, I changed into a tablet yesterday and its been like it ever since....
  6. The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!

The Windows 10 Desktop - I want my old original desktop view back! Help!: Seems like such a basic thing but I can't figure it out! Somehow (update or my children*eyeroll*) my main desktop is the Windows bunch of boxes and flippy squares - it's distracting and I hate it. I just want my static old school icon based desktop. Anyone know how to switch...
  7. Desktop view

Desktop view: How to I set & lock my desktop in Classic or Tablet view, running Windows 10? (Instead of Tiles). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-view/c923459e-bc86-4dd1-b90a-60d75fdee3de
  8. Old PPS File Viewing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old PPS File Viewing: How can I view PPS file made with Windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-pps-file-viewing/23c50b03-0ea1-4af1-ace1-fc390b01e458"
  9. Normal desktop view

Normal desktop view: this is how I see my desktop view now: all the icons like I would have opened the start bar. but I didn't and it stay that way. cannot go to normal desktop view. I don't like it terribly. I don't know how it got changed to this, and I want my normal desktop back....
  10. desktop view

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop view: In W10 .... how do I switch from the start screen (with tiles) to a desktop with conventional icons? 43880

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old desktop view