Windows 10: Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC.

Discus and support Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Pro 4 device. It has the screen flickering problem. One of the possible solution I found was to install the manufacturer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IhosvanyCamps, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC.

Hello,

I have a Surface Pro 4 device. It has the screen flickering problem. One of the possible solution I found was to install the manufacturer drivers and change the Intel DPST, or ‘Display Power Saving Technology‘ in the driver panel.

The problem that's driving me crazy is that after installing the driver and setting up, everything is fine until the next power on: Windows just unistall the manufacturer drivers, coming back to old drivers.

I just made some modifications to avoid the device driver updates, but it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Camps

***Changed Original Title From: << Windows unistall Intel HD drivers by itself >>***

:)

IhosvanyCamps, Nov 17, 2018
  2. mlee49 Win User

Driver Update/install

Ok, so let me get the basics down first.

1st delete the old driver(software or one by one)
    2nd Install new drivers from download
    3rd test new drivers

Reboot after steps 1 & 2?

mlee49, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC.

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC.

1. Old Driver Is Being Installed After Rebooting The PC. - Similar Threads - Old Driver Being

2. PC reboots soon after being turned on each day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC reboots soon after being turned on each day: Hi everyone,My PC, which is running Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1344 as shown in "This PC" properties window, reboots without warning most days not long after switching it on and logging in. Sometime is just freezes and I need to hit the reset button. I do not recall it ever...
  3. PC reboots soon after being turned on each day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC reboots soon after being turned on each day: Hi everyone,My PC, which is running Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1344 as shown in "This PC" properties window, reboots without warning most days not long after switching it on and logging in. Sometime is just freezes and I need to hit the reset button. I do not recall it ever...
  4. wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc: I can't run Windows Update because the wuauserv registry is missing. I downloaded wuauserv.reg from Google Chrome and merged it and rebooted, but It's been removed automatically by malware attacks. Anyone can give me instructions about how to remove those malware? Thanks....
  5. wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc: I can't run Windows Update because the wuauserv registry is missing. I downloaded wuauserv.reg from Google Chrome and merged it and rebooted, but It's been removed automatically by malware attacks. Anyone can give me instructions about how to remove those malware? Thanks....
  6. Old microsoft account being required after being deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old microsoft account being required after being deleted: Question may be phrased weird, but for some windows features, my computer needs me to verify my account. However, when I go to verify/fix my account, I'm prompted to sign in with my old email address instead, which I no longer have access to. That email address has been...
  7. Chipset Driver for Old PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chipset Driver for Old PC: Win 10 1909 This has probably been asked a million times, but, sorry, I can't find an answer that is clear to me. I decided to put my older PC back in service (backup PC). It's an Asus G10AJ and I've installed the current WIndows 10 (1909). It's a 9 Series (H97). The only...
  8. Install Old Printer Drivers

Install Old Printer Drivers: I have an old Canon MF3240 Multifunction Laser Printer. I have installed this printer on a Windows 10 Machine in the past. This is a USB connected installation. The most recent drivers for this printer were for Windows 8. The driver files are in a folder. There is no...
  9. Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot

Year-Old Driver Tries to Install After Every Reboot: For about a year now, a Synaptics Driver /has been installing through Windows Update nearly everyday, or every time Windows checked for Updates. It is the same driver every single time, dated 8/16/2017. [ATTACH] At some point it began restarting my computer every night,...
  10. Driver installation after Reset PC

Driver installation after Reset PC: Do I need to reinstall my drivers after resetting my PC? 24618