Windows 10: Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc

Discus and support Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am Aryesh. Today, when I went to Default browsers, with the new edge, the old edge was also visible. But, I am in the version 2004 so when I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aryesh Biswas, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc

Hi, I am Aryesh.

Today, when I went to Default browsers, with the new edge, the old edge was also visible. But, I am in the version 2004 so when I set old edge as default, and open a pdf, the new edge opens it. So, how to remove it from the list?

:)

Aryesh Biswas, Sep 12, 2020

2. MS Edge not listed in default browsers

I wrote this above, but maybe you didn't see it:

Go to Control Panel/Default Programs. Then click, "Set your default programs". I find that the easiest way to get to Control Panel is to right-click on the Start button of your taskbar, find Control Panel in the list, then click it. Once the Control Panel
    opens, find Default Programs. Open that (double-click it, for most people). Then click, "Set your default programs".

Once there, wait. It likely will take a number of seconds to populate the list for you. (It takes mine a good ten seconds, and my computer isn't that old.) Once the list opens, you should find both Internet Explorer and Microsoft
    Edge in the list.

Now click on Microsoft Edge. On the right it will give you two choices:

• Set this program as default
    • Choose defaults for this program
    Many different things have need of a browser in order to run. If you want to choose which things use Edge, which things use IE, and which things use some other browser, then
    Choose defaults for this program (of course, you'd have to go to the other browsers and do the same for them). If you want to keep things simple, just choose
    Set this program as default.

Good luck.

StuckOnWords, Sep 12, 2020
  3. MS Edge not listed in default browsers

MS Edge has some shortcomings, and I changed my default browser to IE 11 (in Windows 10).

As I've learned some workarounds for some of the Edge shortcomings, I felt I was ready to once again try Edge as my default browser. I went to Settings, System, Default apps, and scrolled to Web browser. Internet Explorer was shown there, of course, I clicked
    it, and the pop-up/drop-down list of available browsers displayed. It showed Internet Explorer, Google Chrome (which is installed), and Search for an app in the Store. Microsoft Edge, which is certainly on my machine and which I use regularly from the icon
    on my taskbar, is not shown as an option in the pop-up/drop-down list.

Why is this, and what must I do to make Edge be my default browser?

(And I swear, if some Microsoft Tech comes here and tells me to go to Settings, System, Default apps, Web browser, and choose Edge from the list, I'm making a nationally publicized walk to Seattle.)

StuckOnWords, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc

MS Edge not listed in default browsers

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I will surely help you with this.

Please try the following steps and see if it helps.

Step 1: Press Win Key +X, Select
    control panel

Step 2: select programs and choose
    default programs.

Step 3: you can choose Microsoft edge as your default program and see if it works.

If it doesn’t work I would suggest you to please try uninstalling all the third party browsers and try to make edge your default browser.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Krishnan R, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc

1. Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc - Similar Threads - Old Edge Default

2. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  3. Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge becomes the default browser: Installed Windows 11 February Update today. Now, every time after turning on the computer, the default browser is Microsoft Edge. I put Chrome, but after restarting system, Edge again by default. How to fix it? P.S. The reason may be that before updating, I have deleted the...
  4. Don't want Edge as my default browser

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Don't want Edge as my default browser: Why does Microsoft keep asking me to make "Edge" the default browser & if I want to try the latest version? Despite using another browser as my default & turning off the setting for it to continue asking me if I'd like to try it, I'm still asked every time I open Microsoft....
  5. *EMERGENCY*Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc*EMERGENCY*

in Windows 10 Customization
    *EMERGENCY*Old Edge is in the Default browsers list, but it is not in my pc*EMERGENCY*: Hi, I am Aryesh. Today, when I went to Default browsers, with the new edge, the old edge was also visible. But, I am in the version 2004 so when I set old edge as default, and open a pdf, the new edge opens it. So, how to remove it from the list?...
  6. Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge replaced my default Browser: The last update PUSHED Edge onto a number of our employee's taskbars. And, that is not the worst part. In some cases, even though other browsers were being used by an individual, when I tried to revert the workstation's default browser under default apps, the original...
  7. Firefox not available in Default web browser list

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox not available in Default web browser list: Settings - Default Apps - Web Browser Only Chrome IE and Edge are available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/firefox-not-available-in-default-web-browser-list/ff5d0599-5a6a-4ad1-9b3a-2f6687c12a7c
  8. Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Browser not listed on Exploit Protection: When I open the Exploit Protection Program List, how come Edge browser processes are not listed? Or, is there another process name for MS Edge from the Exploit Protection Program List page? However, my guess is that since Edge runs in a Sandboxed protected mode by default,...
  9. Changing Edge as my default browser!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing Edge as my default browser!: I am really annoyed: I got a message telling me that Edge would be a faster and more secure search engine; so I opted for it. However I had no idea that it would then stop me using Google Chrome! otherwise I would not have changed from the original. I am very angry to find...
  10. Can't make Microsoft Edge my default browser in default app settings

in Browsers and Email
    Can't make Microsoft Edge my default browser in default app settings: I currently have Firefox, IE and Edge installed on my PC. Firefox is set as the default browser. When I go into the default apps setting screen and click to change my default browser, only IE and Firefox are on the list, so I can't select Edge. However, if I click the...