Windows 10: Old EDGE remnants clear-out inconsistencies from within New EDGE

Discus and support Old EDGE remnants clear-out inconsistencies from within New EDGE in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New EDGE current version 86.0.622.56 shows inconsistency when clearing out "old" Edge remnants between machines. On some, once initiated the checkbox... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Win7ine, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Win7ine Win User

Old EDGE remnants clear-out inconsistencies from within New EDGE

New EDGE current version 86.0.622.56 shows inconsistency when clearing out "old" Edge remnants between
    machines. On some, once initiated the checkbox with the entry disappears on subsequent checks.
    On others the checkbox remains selectable and the entry remains no matter how often one proceeds.
    Windows 10 Pro - 19042.608 for all tested in common.

Old EDGE remnants clear-out inconsistencies from within New EDGE [​IMG]

:)

Win7ine, Oct 28, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 28, 2020
  3. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Vonnjy Win User

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

One step missing:

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • **Settings
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear

Vonnjy, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Old EDGE remnants clear-out inconsistencies from within New EDGE - Similar Threads - Old EDGE remnants

2. No new Edge version only the old version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No new Edge version only the old version: I recently updated my laptop to Windows 10 Version 2004. Because previous Windows 10 updates do not download on metered connections I had to take it to a local IT firm to push it through. I had to pay for this though - so much for 'free' Windows updates! I have Version 2004...
  3. New EDGE Clearing Options

in Windows 10 Customization
    New EDGE Clearing Options: I have turned off all clearing options because I want the userids to be saved so I do not have to enter them every time I visit a website. Now that all seems to be running ok except this little problem ... what is the edge setting that I want to be off so userids can be saved...
  4. Closing EDGE to clear cookies

in Browsers and Email
    Closing EDGE to clear cookies: I'm running W10 and the latest version of Edge. I have gone into 'choose what to clear' in settings and ticked the box for 'cookies and other site data. I have made an exception of a few sites I use. If I close Edge by selecting settings then take the 'close edge' option at...
  5. Edge chromium not replacing old edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge chromium not replacing old edge: I installed the new Edge chromium canary and the old edge is still in my start menu. Do I need to do something to remove it? Also I did a fresh install of the latest 2004 ISO, updated windows etc and I'm unable to uninstall Cortana. Before I reinstalled Windows I was able...
  6. Not able to find old edge after installing 2004 and new edge

Not able to find old edge after installing 2004 and new edge: I usually use old edge for drawing on my assignments pdf to keep track of what question I have solved. Now after installing 2004 and new edge I am not able to find old edge and new edge doesn't save my drawing in the pdf ( It asks me to make a new copy of the pdf whenever I...
  7. Microsoft Edge (New and Old versions) overhyped?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge (New and Old versions) overhyped?: Windows v1909, build 18363.720: - Having read the positive reviews about the new Edge browser I thought I will install it and try it and I am really disappointed in it. I really cannot see why the reviewers are hyping it up. I think it a case of "the emperor's new clothes"...
  8. Uninstalling Old Edge?

Uninstalling Old Edge?: Hey everyone, is it possible to somehow uninstall the Old Edge now? Seems kind of useless to have laying around and it looks pretty weird lol Screenshot submitted by /u/BandicootCx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epussx/uninstalling_old_edge/
  9. Inconsistent Title Bar of new MS Edge

Inconsistent Title Bar of new MS Edge: [ATTACH] the padding of window buttons is inconsistent. at PWA apps, the window buttons looks vertically centered here's the \"whatsapp\" app, even in maximized, still at the center submitted by /u/emilia_subaru12 [link] [comments]...
  10. Share option within Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Share option within Edge: Hi, I have the official Twitter app installed but when I choose to share via edge it doesn't allow me to choose Twitter. Only available options I get are : RedditReddHubV2 Mail OneNote Reading List I have uninstalled Twitter WSRESET Reinstalled Twitter...