Windows 10: Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.

Discus and support Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I have had an email acc with virgin.net for some 30 plus years. About a year or so ago I was informed it was about to close and I would lose... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Barnaby44, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Barnaby44 Win User

Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.

Hello.

I have had an email acc with virgin.net for some 30 plus years. About a year or so ago I was informed it was about to close and I would lose all my saved emails.
    I have tried to save some about a year ago but am hoping there is a simple one button press that will save all my folders across to my new email address.

The Virgin.net address is still receiving emails and working well but I must believe it will suddenly just stop working.

I have taken some advice from Virgin Media and others but it does seem a somewhat complex operation

So to that end what is the best [and easiest] way to save all my old emails across to my new account.

Regards

:)

Barnaby44, Oct 15, 2017

2. My Ovi account was closed

hi

today I got an email about my Ovi account was closed.

hi

How Can I take my old Account ?

hi

I woluld like to get my old account

hi

I woluld like to get my old account

thanks for any help

rustemsolak, Oct 15, 2017
  3. Microsoft Alias Account Email Issue

I am trying to change the primary account email address but am receiving an error that lists "the email address is already taken".

Here's the deal, I created the account I want to use today years ago with an old college email and I believe it will be expiring soon and I want to update the email to my gmail account. Problem is that I also mistakenly created another separate account with
    the gmail email address a few months ago. I realized this and so I requested the the newer gmail microsoft account be closed so I can update the email. I received the "account closed" email this morning and when I tried to add that email (gmail) to the old
    microsoft account, I got the same error that lists the email as being taken.

Anyone know how to fix this?

JamesDoull, Oct 15, 2017
  4. Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails.

Do you have a mail client on your machine such as Outlook 2010?

OEMonsterz, Oct 15, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    Gordon7, Oct 15, 2017
  6. Barnaby44 Win User
    Thanks gents I read that link tomorrow Gordon7.

On my PC I have "windows Live Mail" and something just named "Mail"

Regards

Barnaby44, Oct 15, 2017
  7. Jimmyb Win User
    You need a PC based email client Outlook, Thunderbird or something similar, set up your account and "Archive" your emails in to PST files, with so many I would consider braking them down into 5 year chunks; up to 2017, up to 2012, etc its not difficult but will take some time.

Jimmyb, Oct 16, 2017
  8. Barnaby44 Win User

Thanks Jimmyb.
    Can I ask you a couple of questions.
    1/ I have some other email addresses:- a Gmail and a plus.com one from my PlusNet acc. will both of those work following your steps above?
    2/ Is there any address type I can use that wouldn't be effected by provider closures ie I would just add the existing address into a new acc provider.

EDIT EDIT EDIT Looking up my WHICH report they say to use a web acc as this won't tie you to a provider, is there a down side to doing this.

Best

Barnaby44, Oct 16, 2017
  9. Barnaby44 Win User
    Doing some more on Google I found this >>> Is Outlook free with Windows 10?

This new Windows 10 Mail app, which comes preinstalled along with Calendar, is actually part of the free version of Microsoft's Office Mobile productivity suite. It's called Outlook Mail on Windows 10 Mobile running on smartphones and phablets, but just plain Mail on Windows 10 for PCs.22 Jul 2015.
    Looks like that answers my previous question about me finding an email client just called Mail.

I'll keep searching.

Barnaby44, Oct 16, 2017
  10. Jimmyb Win User
    I have my own email address and domain, its not free but it means as I switch ISP I don't have to switch email address. I use to use POP 3 email protocol which means everything is stored on my PC, upside I have control, down side it is on a single PC, though you can configure it not to delete from server, other downside you need to backup or they are all lost. I have now moved to IMAP (both are just protocols, same email same provider) these are all stored on the server so I can access from multiple devices, and all see exactly the same thing. However about every six months I still archive my emails, taking them off the server and saving (and backing up) elsewhere.
    If you do not have outlook there are lots of free clients out there, Mozilla Thunderbird being just one have a look HERE.

Jimmyb, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Old Email account closing - how can i save received emails. - Similar Threads - Old Email account

2. Closing an email account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Closing an email account: When I close a Hotmail account, do I lose the messages I have archived? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-an-email-account/96c2f975-3ed3-4c65-96ad-033ab22d0dd3
  3. An old email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    An old email account: How do I get my computer tp stop searching for an email account that is so old that have no information about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-email-account/54c5ce24-2cbd-4660-a222-868b7144bd7d
  4. Old Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Email Account: How do I delete an old comcast.net email account that I no longer use? I continue to get emails from Microsoft saying, "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have not used this account in years as it was setup for a...
  5. Btinternet email account not receiving TenForum emails

in Windows 10 Support
    Btinternet email account not receiving TenForum emails: I've noticed that my Btinternet email account is no longer receiving TenForum emails/notifications Not certain when it started Any ideas? 167885
  6. Old Email Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old Email Account: I have an old email that I am unable to get into anymore. How do I remove it from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/fa01e24d-40f8-4cba-af9f-26313cd5122a
  7. old email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old email account: I have an old email account yahoo on my old computer, how do I get yahoo on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/03deee82-172d-4ac0-8bd7-1160a9e26c42
  8. How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I recover my old email account without supplying old emails received from family and...: Hi Everyone. I am having difficulty persuading Microsoft that my old email account is mine but their robots wont believe me. Having been abroad in South Africa and Malawi for three and a half years I arrived back in the UK last November and bought a computer and a new phone,...
  9. Stop receiving emails to old email address

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Stop receiving emails to old email address: Hi! I created a microsoft account with a gmail address some years ago. Then i added an outlook mail and put it as the determinated one. i deleted the gmail address from my account. Everything seems to be ok, but i'm still receiving the microsoft notifications (from the...
  10. emails received saved in email folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    emails received saved in email folders: how to find received emails saved in email folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/emails-received-saved-in-email-folders/7cb9e2b6-6f54-4d32-8f22-ba83be216eac"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my email account is closing how can i save emails in outlook