Windows 10: Old Email Account forcing periodic restart of MSFT apps

Discus and support Old Email Account forcing periodic restart of MSFT apps in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am running Win10 Pro 64 bit on a desktop Velocity PC and an older Surface tablet, and also have an old HP 8 tablet Win 10 Home tied to my MSFT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdiB., Mar 22, 2020.

1. AdiB. Win User

Old Email Account forcing periodic restart of MSFT apps

I am running Win10 Pro 64 bit on a desktop Velocity PC and an older Surface tablet, and also have an old HP 8 tablet Win 10 Home tied to my MSFT account. I have a license for Office 2016 pro, am using OneDrive and also have a skype account.

I am getting regular alerts on my PC that my security config has been changed and I need to restart my Windows apps. When I try to "fix" my MSFT account, for example in Office 2016, the log-in screen appears with an outdated/updated email address.

That old email address doesn't show up anywhere in my account configurations across all devices and all applications, and is also not recognized as an active MSFT account and it's starting to drive me crazy.

Where can it still lurk? How do I stop this annoyance?

Thanks! Adi

:)

AdiB., Mar 22, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 22, 2020
  3. fisher99 Win User
    Best Multi-User Email App?

Hello. I am looking for an email app that will support 2 users, each with 2 different email accounts (one gmail and one outlook account each). Ideally they would like to use a single email program for both of them but would like separate inboxes for each person.

So, ideally:
    • One email program.
    • Two inboxes, with each inbox collecting email from a unique gmail account and a unique outlook account.

Will be interested in any suggestions.

fisher99, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Old Email Account forcing periodic restart of MSFT apps

New emails link to old emails and they all show in the inbox

Hi Carlson,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• How many user account you have configured in the Windows Mail app?
    • What do you mean by “New emails link to old emails”?
    If you have configured more than one user account in the Windows Mail app then, I would suggest you to switch the user accounts and check the emails in the inbox.

Follow the below steps to switch the user accounts in the Windows Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.
    • Under the Accounts select one user account and check the
      Inbox
      under Folders.
    If the issue still persist then, I would recommend you to delete and reconfigure the account.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Old Email Account forcing periodic restart of MSFT apps

1. Old Email Account forcing periodic restart of MSFT apps - Similar Threads - Old Email Account

2. Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?: Is this combination not allowed? i.e. - must the email address be a personal e.g. outlook.com address or - the Win10 edition be Pro or Enterprise or Education...
  3. Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?: Is this combination not allowed? i.e. - must the email address be a personal e.g. outlook.com address or - the Win10 edition be Pro or Enterprise or Education...
  4. Win 10 Home: primary MSFT account address a MSFT 365 Business Standard email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. An old email account

An old email account: How do I get my computer tp stop searching for an email account that is so old that have no information about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-email-account/54c5ce24-2cbd-4660-a222-868b7144bd7d
  6. Old Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Email Account: How do I delete an old comcast.net email account that I no longer use? I continue to get emails from Microsoft saying, "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have not used this account in years as it was setup for a...
  7. Old Email Account

Old Email Account: I have an old email that I am unable to get into anymore. How do I remove it from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/fa01e24d-40f8-4cba-af9f-26313cd5122a
  8. old email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old email account: I have an old email account yahoo on my old computer, how do I get yahoo on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/03deee82-172d-4ac0-8bd7-1160a9e26c42
  9. Remove an old email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an old email account.: I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting" When...
  10. Old email account is not accessible.

Old email account is not accessible.: Hello. When I created my Microsoft account I had an email associated with Earthlink. I have since closed that email account and have no access to it. I would like to associate my new email address to my Microsoft account. I called Microsoft helpline a couple years ago and...