Windows 10: Old Email Account

Discus and support Old Email Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have an old email that I am unable to get into anymore. How do I remove it from my computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrustratedinTN0906, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Old Email Account

I have an old email that I am unable to get into anymore.

How do I remove it from my computer?

:)

FrustratedinTN0906, Sep 6, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Sep 6, 2020
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Old Email Account

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Old Email Account

1. Old Email Account - Similar Threads - Old Email Account

2. Cannot access old account email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access old account email: Hello,I have a conundrum that I need solved, and the automated account recovery form does not allow any sort of contact with a human to explain and work through the situation. Here's my issue:I created a microsoft account a long time ago when I got my first alienware laptop....
  3. Microsoft Account old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Account old email address: I am in a never ending loop with microsoft account.I am trying to get rid of an email addresss that I have not had for 7 years from my account I have added the alternative email address phone number Ietc.Every time I try to go into change it it sends me into a 30 day loop...
  4. An old email account

An old email account: How do I get my computer tp stop searching for an email account that is so old that have no information about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-email-account/54c5ce24-2cbd-4660-a222-868b7144bd7d
  5. Old Email Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Email Account: How do I delete an old comcast.net email account that I no longer use? I continue to get emails from Microsoft saying, "Please update your credentials for the account *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have not used this account in years as it was setup for a...
  6. old email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old email account: I have an old email account yahoo on my old computer, how do I get yahoo on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/03deee82-172d-4ac0-8bd7-1160a9e26c42
  7. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT: I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active. I have a gmail address...
  8. Remove an old email account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove an old email account.: I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting" When...
  9. Old email account is not accessible.

Old email account is not accessible.: Hello. When I created my Microsoft account I had an email associated with Earthlink. I have since closed that email account and have no access to it. I would like to associate my new email address to my Microsoft account. I called Microsoft helpline a couple years ago and...
  10. Change email and delete the old account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change email and delete the old account: Hi, I changed the mail for my account but now I have two accounts white the old email? How can I delete an account and change the email for another one?...