Windows 10: Old email address still used as sign-in?

Discus and support Old email address still used as sign-in? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CP Montany, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Old email address still used as sign-in?

I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?

:)

CP Montany, Jun 7, 2022

2. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Jun 7, 2022
  3. Delete old email sign in address

Hi,

Difficulties verifying the old security details in your Microsoft account may result in errors canceling or removing the profile. For us to rectify the account removal concern, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Where exactly are you prompted to sign in with the old email address?
    • Have you tried resetting the password for the old account to recover it?
    • Were you able to log in successfully on your account online?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your account prior to this happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jun 7, 2022
  4. Old email address still used as sign-in?

Auto Suggest - Old email addresses

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. There is, however, no setting in Mail app to disable the auto-complete setting, you can certainly accomplish this in Outlook web app on your system. Refer to the following steps to do so:

• Sign in to Outlook Web App, and in the To, Cc, or
      Bcc lines, start typing part of the name you want to remove from the Auto-Complete List. For information about how to sign in to Outlook Web App, see

Sign in to Outlook Web App

• If the entry you want to remove is highlighted, choose Delete. If the entry you want to delete is not selected, use the Up Arrow and Down Arrow to navigate to the entry you want to delete, and then choose
      Delete.

For more information, please refer to the following article:

Remove suggested name or email address
    from the Auto-Complete List in Outlook Web App

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Jun 7, 2022
Thema:

Old email address still used as sign-in?

1. Old email address still used as sign-in? - Similar Threads - Old email address

2. Old email address still used as sign-in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old email address still used as sign-in?: I recently changed my primary alias to my new email address, but the 2-factor authentication and other sign-ins still mainly use my old address. How do get the 2-factor authentication to use my new address?...
  3. Microsoft keeps prompting to sign in with old email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft keeps prompting to sign in with old email address: I changed my email address about a year or so ago. Now Microsoft pops up daily saying there is an issue that must be fixed. It is showing my old email address. I signed in with my current email address on here to ask the question. How can I get my old email address off?...
  4. old email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    old email address: I changed my email address yet I am still getting notifications re my old email address. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/5a42b875-7232-4e29-94d6-918dbba48fbd
  5. old email address

old email address: Hello everyone, I struggle with technology. I'm wanting to remove an old email address. The old address was with our previous internet provider; after upgrading, I went with a gmail account. I can login into Microsoft, I just want the old address removed. How can I delete my...
  6. old email addresses

old email addresses: How do I delete old email addresses from the to drop down window? when I try to send an email. When I start typing an address old email addresses appear as choices and if wrongly chosen results in email not delivered to the proper person. My research showed this issue has...
  7. Deleting old email addresses

Deleting old email addresses: How can I delete old email addresses for friends who have changed theirs? When I try to send them an email the system summons up the old dead one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-old-email-addresses/e544e3c5-75cc-4ac6-af24-ca916321391b
  8. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: HOW DO I REMOVE AN OLD MS ACCOUNT EMAIL ADDRESS ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/69eb0a04-068a-4860-9b19-15a543b34e5d
  9. OLD EMAIL ADDRESS

OLD EMAIL ADDRESS: how do I remove a old Email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-address/e564943d-d4c6-4546-8301-394d1fe4d081
  10. Google Calendar uses old email address

Google Calendar uses old email address: This behaviour applies to other calendar apps on my Android phone as well. I used to have an iBurst email address. I cannot remember if I used a calendar app on my Android phone while I was iBurst. Years ago I switched from iBurst to ADSL and created a GMail address. I...