Windows 10: Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

Discus and support Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sLLy_Loris, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in some cases not for months or years. All of the files added are word, excel or PDF documents. Please advise.

:)

sLLy_Loris, Dec 1, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Dec 1, 2023
  3. eidairaman1, Dec 1, 2023
  4. 95Viper Win User

Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

95Viper, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

1. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Old files showing

2. Windows Media Player 12 not showing Recent File List

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player 12 not showing Recent File List: HiI have noticed that my Windows Media Player version 12.0.19041.4474 is not showing recent files. I have checked my settings and they appear correct. I also tried switching them off and on to see if it would get the list working again. I don't know whether it's relevant for...
  3. Windows Media Player 12 not showing Recent File List

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player 12 not showing Recent File List: HiI have noticed that my Windows Media Player version 12.0.19041.4474 is not showing recent files. I have checked my settings and they appear correct. I also tried switching them off and on to see if it would get the list working again. I don't know whether it's relevant for...
  4. Windows Media Player 12 not showing Recent File List

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  6. Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer

Files I didn't open showing up on my Recents list in Windows Explorer: Files I didn't open show up on my recently opened list every time I enter the explorer. I changed my password and the problem is still there. I also deleted OneDrive from my computer but the problem is still there as if I still have OneDrive installed. I hope that this is a...
  7. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.: Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in some cases not for months or years. All of the files added are word, excel or PDF documents. Please advise....
  8. Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.

Old files showing up in recent files list Windows 10.: Each time I boot up the computer, a number of files will be added to the recent files list. These are old files that I have not accessed recently in some cases not for months or years. All of the files added are word, excel or PDF documents. Please advise....
  9. Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar

Pin Files to Recent File List in Taskbar: Previously, as in all previous versions of Windows I was able to pin files to an application's recent file list in the taskbar. I could right-click on the app icon to bring up the list, and my pinned files would be at the top. Click on the file name and it and the app would...
  10. Old files not showing up in Windows Search

in Cortana
    Old files not showing up in Windows Search: Hello everyone! Recently I have bought a new SSD drive and I decided not to clone the old drive, but to install a new system (Windows 10). Everything is fine, except that when I try to use Windows Search for old files that are on my other two drives they don't appear (also...