Windows 10: Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed

Discus and support Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Yet another absolutely weird and out of ordinary issue. I have noticed that when I am playing an older game, for example Tomb Raider The Last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Przemysław Kochański, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed

Yet another absolutely weird and out of ordinary issue. I have noticed that when I am playing an older game, for example Tomb Raider The Last Revelation or Gothic 1, and press WIN key, then afterwards Windows think this key is pressed all the time.This sounds like not a big of a deal at all, but hear this scenario:1. I am using Xbox Game Capture to check FPS and record stuff.2. So for example I open a game like Tomb Raider the Last Revelation, it goes to fullscreen mode there is either windowed or fullscreen, no borderless.3. Then I click on WIN+G to open the overlay. I pin FPS overlay to se

:)

Przemysław Kochański, Jun 25, 2022
  2. trimlys Win User

All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key

Hello, So i am having an issues here.
    Every Game i play in fullscreen ,GTA V,Bf4 Dota 2,CSGO, Skyrim and all other game Lag on pressing Alt,
    I go from 60fps to 45 each time i press it,
    The thing is if i play in Windowed Borderless everything is fine, it was doing the same thing with my previous video card gtx 770 and now i have 980,but it's was not doing it on Windows 7, I use alt most of the time to speak online via Ventrilo or Teamspeak3,
    Yes i try to change my teamspeak key to something else or try my game without any voip and i still get the lag,

it is weird and i really need to find why it does that.
    any idea?

My setup is
    CPU. FX 8350
    MB, Sabertooth v2.0
    Memory 16GB G.skill
    GTX 980
    PSU 750 TX
    WIN 10 pro 64bit

trimlys, Jun 25, 2022
  3. Unable to Tab out of Fullscreen Games

Hello,

When I had Windows 7 I was able to press the Windows key to tab out of Fullscreen Games and Applications. With Windows 10 I am unable to tab out of Fullscreen Games and Applications. Is there a setting or something that I am missing? I have tried everything, Please Help.

Thanks,
    Peter

CPflightlog, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed

1. Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed - Similar Threads - Old fullscreen games

2. Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old fullscreen games cause Windows 11 to think Win key is constantly pressed: Yet another absolutely weird and out of ordinary issue. I have noticed that when I am playing an older game, for example Tomb Raider The Last Revelation or Gothic 1, and press WIN key, then afterwards Windows think this key is pressed all the time.This sounds like not a big...
  3. Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Randomly all fullscreen games minimize constantly.: Out of the blue the other day, all full screen games decided to start minimizing every few seconds. I can switch to windowed or borderless windowed, but those are unnacceptable fixes for me as performance suffers a bunch. I have tried re-installing games, disabling overlays,...
  4. Windows instantly and constantly minimizes my fullscreen games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows instantly and constantly minimizes my fullscreen games: Whenever i launch csgo or call of duty warzone, the application is minimized after it loads and whenever i try to maximize it, it doesn't work it "tries" for a second and goes back....
  5. Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Thinks i am pressing window key: Every time I press A, Q , 1 on my ducky keyboard i thinks i am pressing the window key. I saw it was doing that when I opened the on screen keyboard. I have tried everything. I uninstalled the drivers, restarted my computer, moved usb port and updated the keyboard none of...
  6. Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 thinks the Down key is pressed.: Certain aspects and programs in Win 10, including the start menu, search bar, calculator, and settings applications think that the Down Arrow Key is continually being pressed. Other applications such as the File Manager, Task Manager, and non Microsoft programs behave...
  7. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  8. display scaling for old fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Support
    display scaling for old fullscreen game: Hello! For my grandchilds I scale the desktop for showing huge icons. Unfortunately the game dinosaur world from BBC uses this scale adjustment. So only the half area is to see full screen. If I scale the desktop as normal the game displays all. Is it possible to adjust...
  9. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...
  10. All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All FullScreen Games, Get lag spikes on Pressing the alt Key: Hello, So i am having an issues here. Every Game i play in fullscreen ,GTA V,Bf4 Dota 2,CSGO, Skyrim and all other game Lag on pressing Alt, I go from 60fps to 45 each time i press it, The thing is if i play in Windowed Borderless everything is fine, it was doing the same...