Windows 10: Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11

Discus and support Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As stated, I'm trying to run a Nancy Dew game on my Windows 11 laptop, but every time I try to launch, it gives me this error: "Unable to find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emma Young2, May 26, 2023.

1. Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11

As stated, I'm trying to run a Nancy Dew game on my Windows 11 laptop, but every time I try to launch, it gives me this error: "Unable to find a Directx device. Make sure you have Directx installed and have installed the latest drivers for your video card."The HER website said I needed Directx 9, so I downloaded it from the Microsoft store. Running Dxdiag isn't particularly helpful, as it just keeps telling me that I have Directx 12 installed. I did restart my computer after installing Directx, and no luck. I've gone into advanced system settings, created a new System Variable, and set it to G

:)

Emma Young2, May 26, 2023
  2. bec t Win User

Do any Nancy Drew games work on Windows 10 ?

Do any nancy drew games work on windows 10 ?

<Original title - nancy drew >

bec t, May 26, 2023
  3. anna3ZS. Win User
    Run Old Nancy Games in Windows 10

can I run old Nancy drew games on windows 10

[Original Title: games]

anna3ZS., May 26, 2023
  4. Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11

NANCY DREW GAMES NOT WORKING ON BIG FISH GAMES

I have 5 Nancy Drew games downloaded on Big Fish Games and when I tried to download it I get this message saying ERROR DOWNLOADING. I even tried fixing the problem but it still not working. How do I fix this problem?

SandraWhiting2, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11

1. Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Old game Nancy

2. Nancy Drew PC games on Windows 11? The game is flickering like crazy and I can't figure out...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nancy Drew PC games on Windows 11? The game is flickering like crazy and I can't figure out...: I just got a new laptop and it’s running on Windows 11. I am a big Nancy Drew gamer and I have all of the games on physical disc. I can install the games on my computer perfectly fine, but then when I go to open the game it flickers so badly, it’s almost like strobe lighting....
  3. Cannot Play Nancy Drew Game in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Play Nancy Drew Game in Windows 11: Hi, My old Windows 8 machine died last year and when I finally replaced it with a new windows 11 model a few months ago, one of the first things I did was to start loading and playing my old Nancy drew games. After working through a variety of problems, I have been able to...
  4. Cannot Play Nancy Drew Game in Windows 11

Cannot Play Nancy Drew Game in Windows 11: Hi, My old Windows 8 machine died last year and when I finally replaced it with a new windows 11 model a few months ago, one of the first things I did was to start loading and playing my old Nancy drew games. After working through a variety of problems, I have been able to...
  5. Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game Nancy Drew won't recognize Directx 9.0 on Windows 11: As stated, I'm trying to run a Nancy Dew game on my Windows 11 laptop, but every time I try to launch, it gives me this error: "Unable to find a Directx device. Make sure you have Directx installed and have installed the latest drivers for your video card."The HER website...
  6. Direct X today: Can not play any nancy drew games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Direct X today: Can not play any nancy drew games: I have tried everything and everyone's advice. All the links and whatnot still did not help and it still will not download properly or work. I have tried game developers and Microsoft. My computer is not agreeing with anyone. I have updated graphics, processor, etc. and I...
  7. Direct X today: Can not play any nancy drew games

Direct X today: Can not play any nancy drew games: I have tried everything and everyone's advice. All the links and whatnot still did not help and it still will not download properly or work. I have tried game developers and Microsoft. My computer is not agreeing with anyone. I have updated graphics, processor, etc. and I...
  8. NANCY DREW GAMES NOT WORKING ON BIG FISH GAMES

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    NANCY DREW GAMES NOT WORKING ON BIG FISH GAMES: I have 5 Nancy Drew games downloaded on Big Fish Games and when I tried to download it I get this message saying ERROR DOWNLOADING. I even tried fixing the problem but it still not working. How do I fix this problem?...
  9. "Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice" Game Conflict

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice" Game Conflict: Hi! I downloaded "Nancy Drew: The Phantom of Venice" digitally from Her Interactive onto Windows 10 and when I tried opening the application it only blinks onto the taskbar then disappears and does not run. Once I troubleshooted the compatibility of the game, it said it was...
  10. Run Old Nancy Games in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Old Nancy Games in Windows 10: can I run old Nancy drew games on windows 10 [Original Title: games] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-old-nancy-games-in-windows-10/131d1094-1868-48a1-bc6c-5656b69bdebf