Windows 10: Old game needs a boost?

Discus and support Old game needs a boost? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I'm playing International Cricket Captain 2006 (partly for nostalgia's sake) on my Win10 installation, and it's running very very slow - mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BlackOwl, Apr 20, 2016.

1. BlackOwl Win User

Old game needs a boost?

So I'm playing International Cricket Captain 2006 (partly for nostalgia's sake) on my Win10 installation, and it's running very very slow - mouse clicks take multiple seconds to register, for example. In the past had the same issue with both iterations of StarCraft, and I've fixed it by setting the process' affinity to not use all four cores; though the speeds return to normal, it is cumbersome and (more importantly) a large portion of the screen is an incredibly garish pink neon colour, affecting aesthetics and a small portion of gameplay.

So far I've tried:
    • un- and re-installing the game
    • compatibility options - pretty much all of them
    • running the program as an administrator
    All to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

BlackOwl, Apr 20, 2016
  2. toaf Win User

microsoft phone needs a old school plug into a computer backup

after trying out win 10 on my phone, i found it a pain to restore. some of it was my fault (made a new account when i got my phone). but it seems like the easiest thing to do to maybe keep thing easy. i know every computer business still thinks "the
    cloud" is the be all end all. but its not. just my 2cents

3. A complete novice, and old wrinkly, needs help with OVI maps

Thanks, have found that on my phone. Would still like, if anyone can tell me, to have some idea of how much data has to be downloaded when using the GPS for an average journey of say an hour just so I now how much I can use it within my 1GB allowance.
    Also. do I have to have a memory card in the phone to be able to install additional maps or are they saved to the phones memory. As an old wrinkly I am unlikely to want to download music etc which seems to be the main reason for the extra memory card. No point
    buying one if it's not needed but if I do have to what sort of size, 4 or 8Gb (or higher) would be the most useful.

old_wrinkly, Apr 20, 2016
Thema:

Old game needs a boost?

1. Old game needs a boost? - Similar Threads - Old game needs

2. Gaming laptop performance boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gaming laptop performance boost: I have an Aorus Gaming laptop with an i7 12700h and a 3070 laptop gpu and I am not getting the maximum performance out of it and not really getting my moneys worth, if anyone has tips on how to get more performance please feel free to give me answers. Thanks and have an...
  3. Gaming laptop performance boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming laptop performance boost: I have an Aorus Gaming laptop with an i7 12700h and a 3070 laptop gpu and I am not getting the maximum performance out of it and not really getting my moneys worth, if anyone has tips on how to get more performance please feel free to give me answers. Thanks and have an...
  4. Old Games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Games: So my computer is too ''new'' for my older games, so how can I downgrade to a lower bit? I'm assuming my windows 10 is 64 bit because my older game is complaining that 16 bit cannot be played on a 64 bit. Please help....
  5. Old Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games: Hi, i am trying to install Pharaoh from 1999 on my windows 10, rtx2070super i9 computer, i know it's hilarious to try to install a game form 21 yrs ago on such a beast, but it won't work, installing from original disk simply nothing happens when i press install. and...
  6. Can I overclock (or atleast boost) My Old CPU?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can I overclock (or atleast boost) My Old CPU?: Windows 10 1903 Okay, so my Celeron 1000M is running @ 1.80GHz. Can I make it faster? Can I make it at least 2GHz? Reply If you have a solution 163263
  7. OLD Games,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD Games,: Helloo, I want to play old game called Bttle realm in win10, and other old games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/8d7484e6-d085-4a33-8e75-cf8c206c57a4
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - needs quality boost

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic keyboard - needs quality boost: So I have brought 4 of these keyboards - that how much I like it, and that's how bad the build quality is xD. I love the design, but the build quality is so bad that they get break easily. I hoped they would upgrade their best keyboard with better quality and better materials...
  9. Old games

Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  10. Old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games: Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/00382d49-5757-4d49-987b-b02876ff4960