Windows 10: Old game not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Old game not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I want to play Warhammer Mark of Chaos on my Windows 10 laptop. Because my laptop doesn't have a disk entrance I bought a LG portable DVD writer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Peter_476, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Peter_476 Win User

Old game not working on Windows 10

I want to play Warhammer Mark of Chaos on my Windows 10 laptop. Because my laptop doesn't have a disk entrance I bought a LG portable DVD writer to install and play the game. After installing the game succesfully nothing happens. I already tried the compatibility mode thing and run it on Windows XP but nothing works. I just get no reaction. Does anybody have any idea what's going wrong and what I can do to run this game? I cant find the game on Steam or anything else so I think this is the only option. It would be very mutch appreciated!

:)

Peter_476, Jan 6, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Old game not working on Windows 10

Metro 2033 fails to work on windows 10!

I don't recall you mentioning any trouble shooting steps attempted though. At the very least, doing a quick search and checking threads like this very well may have solved it for you. It's listed as compatible on MS' list of games that work with W10 for a reason, because many if not most are able to get it running on W10. At least some level of workaround may be required, but some got it running without doing anything.

is anyone able to get it running on windows 10 :: BioShock General Discussions

Frag Maniac, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Old game not working on Windows 10

1. Old game not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Old game working

2. Old game doesnt work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old game doesnt work: hello, I am on windows 10 and I was trying to run an old game that was made for windows 98/xp I plugged in a cd drive and installed the game perfectly but when I try to launch it it tells me to launch with admin perms but when I run as administrator nothing happens pls help...
  3. Old game doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game doesnt work: hello, I am on windows 10 and I was trying to run an old game that was made for windows 98/xp I plugged in a cd drive and installed the game perfectly but when I try to launch it it tells me to launch with admin perms but when I run as administrator nothing happens pls help...
  4. Old game doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old disk computer games on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old disk computer games on Windows 10?: So I found a couple of old disk computer games from my childhood. I tried to see if I could get them to work with my Dell computer, which runs Windows 10, but it said it wouldn’t work. I was wondering if anyone know any way to get old disk computer games to work with Windows...
  6. Old disk computer games on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old disk computer games on Windows 10?: So I found a couple of old disk computer games from my childhood. I tried to see if I could get them to work with my Dell computer, which runs Windows 10, but it said it wouldn’t work. I was wondering if anyone know any way to get old disk computer games to work with Windows...
  7. OLD Games,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD Games,: Helloo, I want to play old game called Bttle realm in win10, and other old games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/8d7484e6-d085-4a33-8e75-cf8c206c57a4
  8. Old game compatibility with windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game compatibility with windows 10: So I wanted to play an old game that I used to play on windows xp(the lord of the rings the battle for the middle-earth). I inserted the cd on an external dvd player or whatever it is. It reads the cd correctly and I installed the program. After installing it I tried running...
  9. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  10. old game windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old game windows 10: my game "patrician 3"is not compatible with W-10. but it plays well. but when saving the game instead of going straight to the options page, it goes to 2 screens both with different size windows, then the options page as it should. make your adjustments and it does same thing...