Windows 10: old game windows 10

Discus and support old game windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my game "patrician 3"is not compatible with W-10. but it plays well. but when saving the game instead of going straight to the options page, it goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wadebrenckle, Sep 4, 2018.

1. old game windows 10

my game "patrician 3"is not compatible with W-10. but it plays well. but when saving the game instead of going straight to the options page, it goes to 2 screens both with different size windows, then the options page as it should. make your adjustments and it does same thing in reverse and back to game for normal play. for a bit it started working perfectly, now back to its old problem. more of a pain in my butt than anything else.

:)

wadebrenckle, Sep 4, 2018

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
  4. old game windows 10

Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

old game windows 10

1. old game windows 10 - Similar Threads - old game

2. old game acct. deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    old game acct. deleted: I have now had 2 world of tanks blitz game acct. deleted after months of playing and the use of my credit card in a microsoft acct. for buying things in the game . One acct. had over 30,000.00 games played the second acct. had appx. 3000 games played. Now all this money from...
  3. Running old win32 game on win10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running old win32 game on win10 x64: Hi, I'm having a problem with running an old game on window 10. The game came out around 2000. I tried DOS box, but it said: "This program must be run under win32." So i guess its not that old. I tried compatible settings, but no luck. neither XP or Win 98 settings...
  4. Old Games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Games: So my computer is too ''new'' for my older games, so how can I downgrade to a lower bit? I'm assuming my windows 10 is 64 bit because my older game is complaining that 16 bit cannot be played on a 64 bit. Please help....
  5. Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...: I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Vulkan API and it randomly crashed to a BSOD quite some times and still does so what I did was changed it to DirectX 12 and it didnt crash to a BSOD and was stable the entire time on all cpu cores enabled and that got me thinking of...
  6. Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Found the Solution to random Old games and new games crashing to BSOD while playing on...: I was playing Red Dead Redemption 2 on Vulkan API and it randomly crashed to a BSOD quite some times and still does so what I did was changed it to DirectX 12 and it didnt crash to a BSOD and was stable the entire time on all cpu cores enabled and that got me thinking of...
  7. Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major freezes and stuttering when starting games after removing my old windows 10...: After recently having the Microsoft account that I have as my administrator account on windows 10 computer hacked and the password changed, I felt it would be a good idea to create a new account and remove the old administrator account. I backed up all my files such as my...
  8. Install old PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install old PC games: Hi there, I just wanna to install old PC games on Win10 OS. But CD plater does not run, setting was display CD icon and drivers were going well. CD player light on and run but no signal few seconds turn off and eject. Start doesn't work, setup too. I tried on property and...
  9. Old games don't open in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games don't open in Windows 10: Hi all! Is been a while since some old games don't open anymore in my Windows 10. One of these being Combat Flight Simulator 3. I searched the whole internet for a solution for my problem, but nothing. Compatibility mode don't work, opening as administrator don't work,...
  10. I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that...: I am trying to enable the directplay to play old games and I am getting an error that windows could not make the requested changes error code 0x80073712.though I am able to install the windows update...