Windows 10: Old game wont run on new computer

Discus and support Old game wont run on new computer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My old computer crashed and I purchased a new one. Both came with windows 10 but now an old game will not run though it did on the old one. Game comes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarryConway2, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Old game wont run on new computer

My old computer crashed and I purchased a new one. Both came with windows 10 but now an old game will not run though it did on the old one. Game comes with DirectX 3 but it is being blocked somehow. Any ideas as to a fix?

:)

LarryConway2, Jul 22, 2018

2. Old game wont run on new computer

My old computer crashed and I purchased a new one. Both came with windows 10 but now an old game will not run though it did on the old one. Game comes with DirectX 3 but it is being blocked somehow. Any ideas as to a fix?

LarryConway2, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Old game wont run on new computer

Old game wont run on new computer

Unable to find compatibility mode in the properties for the game. Game originally designed for windows 95.

LarryConway2, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Old game wont run on new computer

1. Old game wont run on new computer - Similar Threads - Old game wont

2. how to transfer old computer to new computer running Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to transfer old computer to new computer running Windows 11?: how to transfer old computer to new computer running Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-transfer-old-computer-to-new-computer/a6de3f3c-6946-42ce-81a4-ad0203604083
  3. computer wont run correctly

computer wont run correctly: I would like to know why it is so damn difficult to get hold of MS to fix my computer. Used to be call a numberand someone took control of my computer. Now all you get is the run around. Why am I paying good money for help and cannot get it...
  4. computer wont run correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer wont run correctly: I would like to know why it is so damn difficult to get hold of MS to fix my computer. Used to be call a numberand someone took control of my computer. Now all you get is the run around. Why am I paying good money for help and cannot get it...
  5. Game wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game wont run: Back for blood on game pass will not open after anti cheat screen loads I am on windows 11 up too date on graphics and drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-run/808037b5-a3eb-4fb8-813a-4ed31b8776ae
  6. Game wont run

Game wont run: Back for blood on game pass will not open after anti cheat screen loads I am on windows 11 up too date on graphics and drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-wont-run/808037b5-a3eb-4fb8-813a-4ed31b8776ae
  7. An old game running problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old game running problem: Dear Sirs, I have just installed an old game cabela's 4x4 off road adventure 3 and when i try to run game this error is showing up: [SYSTEM ] Out of memory at line -1 in file C:\2002\Src\Game\EngineDll\Debug\Src\DebugSystem.cpp in function safe_malloc Caught in function...
  8. Running an old pc game on a new Dell pc running windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running an old pc game on a new Dell pc running windows 10: Hi. While doing a clearout I have come across a very old pc game, Grim Fandango, bought way back in the day, which i would love to be able to play again on a 2017 Dell laptop running windows 10. What do i need to do to be able to run it on my current laptop? I have seen...
  9. game suddenly wont run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game suddenly wont run: i installed a game and it worked just fine even thought it had some crashes, but at least it worked. suddenly the game just wont run like no thing happens literally when i try to run it. i had tried to reinstall it, but it didn't fix the problem. why is that happening and how...
  10. Old games won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old games won't run: Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP...