Windows 10: Old game won't run, what can I do?

Discus and support Old game won't run, what can I do? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I recently bought Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (PC game), it's a game I loved when I was younger and I really wanted to play it again. So I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mynameismyname333, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Old game won't run, what can I do?

So I recently bought Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (PC game), it's a game I loved when I was younger and I really wanted to play it again. So I have now installed it and it won't start. When I (try to) open the game I get a blackscreen and then the message "VGA no signal". I tried to run the game in a different compatibility mode, I actually tried every Windows setting but it won't start. I couldn't find any solutions or tutorials online and I am getting desperate.

submitted by /u/mynameismyname333
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mynameismyname333, Jun 2, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Old game won't run, what can I do?

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Old game won't run, what can I do?

1. Old game won't run, what can I do? - Similar Threads - Old game won't

2. Hello. How do I run an old game?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello. How do I run an old game?: I have trouble running the game from January 2000, Iside Chessie Desktop, babkę ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-how-do-i-run-an-old-game/277e0a69-966f-4813-bbc9-c2c829b223e7
  3. Hello. How do I run an old game?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello. How do I run an old game?: I have trouble running the game from January 2000, Iside Chessie Desktop, babkę ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-how-do-i-run-an-old-game/277e0a69-966f-4813-bbc9-c2c829b223e7
  4. What can I do to run this build on localhost?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to run this build on localhost?: C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF>ECHO Starting... Starting... C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF>SET BINDIR=C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF\ C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF>CD /D "C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF\"...
  5. What can I do to run this build on localhost?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do to run this build on localhost?: C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF>ECHO Starting... Starting... C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF>SET BINDIR=C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF\ C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF>CD /D "C:\Users\net2345\Desktop\CLASSIC-GRIEF\"...
  6. Old games won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old games won't run: Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP...
  7. Tried installing old PC games and they won't run

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried installing old PC games and they won't run: I tried installing Star Trek: Armada, Hoyle Word Games, and Star Trek: Starship Creator. Armada and HWG didn't open at all, and Starship Creator did, but only half the functionality was there. I was also planning on RollerCoaster Tycoon (the original), and Hoyle Board Games,...
  8. What games can I run with these specs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What games can I run with these specs?: What games can I run with these specs? Playable games and I don't worry if I play at the lowest settings in game. Thanks!! [img] [img] PS : I know the driver date is old of the graphics lol , I will upgrade to version 15.33.36.64.4226 or to the latest version...
  9. Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games on W10? Or can I run W7 in a box?: Hi all, just joined up. I don't use W10 myself yet but I'm about to set up an all-in-one PC for an elderly relative. She's a great fan of many old games, like Bejeweled, Flipwords, Text Twist, Luxor etc, and owns 20 or 30. But I'm beginning to wonder if old software...
  10. What can I do with an old desktop PC ?

in Windows 10 Support
    What can I do with an old desktop PC ?: I bought a new Dell desktop six months ago to replace my six-year-old HP (i7-930, Win 7, 8 GB, 1000 + 500 GB drives). And I got a Lenovo laptop with dock to replace my wife's HP desktop (i3-540, Win 7, 4 GB, 640 GB drive). Unlike the many replaced desktops of the past...