Windows 10: Old games gone

Discus and support Old games gone in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kithra, Sep 1, 2019.

1. kithra Win User

Old games gone

I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903.
    I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were:
    Classic FreeCell
    Classic Hearts
    Simple Solitaire
    They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I first upgraded to Windows 10, and worked perfectly.
    They are still in my program files but won't open. I also have a file called "unwin7games" but am not sure if it's safe to open or if it would work if I did.
    Is there any way to get my favourites back - or download them again? I think something must be missing since the upgrade.
    Thanks for any help. I'll be back tomorrow to check for any answers.

:)

kithra, Sep 1, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Old games gone

When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Old games gone

1. Old games gone - Similar Threads - Old games gone

2. Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.: Somehow lost my Spider Solitaire I have saved scores on and want it back. I still have the Ap, but today I had to sign in, never done that before.I had over 350 games on my score and today after I was made to sign in I was back to 0 as if I had never played before. I'm...
  3. Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.: Somehow lost my Spider Solitaire I have saved scores on and want it back. I still have the Ap, but today I had to sign in, never done that before.I had over 350 games on my score and today after I was made to sign in I was back to 0 as if I had never played before. I'm...
  4. Old Games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Games: So my computer is too ''new'' for my older games, so how can I downgrade to a lower bit? I'm assuming my windows 10 is 64 bit because my older game is complaining that 16 bit cannot be played on a 64 bit. Please help....
  5. Old Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games: Hi, i am trying to install Pharaoh from 1999 on my windows 10, rtx2070super i9 computer, i know it's hilarious to try to install a game form 21 yrs ago on such a beast, but it won't work, installing from original disk simply nothing happens when i press install. and...
  6. OLD Games,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD Games,: Helloo, I want to play old game called Bttle realm in win10, and other old games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/8d7484e6-d085-4a33-8e75-cf8c206c57a4
  7. Old games gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games gone: I run Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) version upgrade 1903. I upgraded to 1903 a couple of days ago and since then my favourite games have disappeared. They were: Classic FreeCell Classic Hearts Simple Solitaire They are the old Win 7 Home editions, which I found on the net when I...
  8. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  9. Game has gone.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Game has gone.: Hello Hive Mind. My children have turned on the laptop to play Minecraft and it will not load. I went onto my microsoft account to find that the game is not there and I need to buy it again. Can anyone help me get hold of microsoft so I can wave my receipt under their...
  10. Old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games: Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/00382d49-5757-4d49-987b-b02876ff4960