Windows 10: Old games on Win10?

Discus and support Old games on Win10? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Howdy. I have old games. Or: almost all of my games are for old computers, here are two examples of the minimum requirements: Win 3.x,Win95,98, Ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jimmmmmmmm, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Old games on Win10?

Howdy.

I have old games. Or: almost all of my games are for old computers, here are two examples of the minimum requirements:

Win 3.x,Win95,98, Ram 8 MB,Graka from 256 colors

Win 98,ME,XP,96 MB Ram,Pentium III

is there a general trick to getting all these games to work?

:)

Jimmmmmmmm, Aug 1, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Aug 1, 2020
  3. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Old games on Win10?

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Old games on Win10?

1. Old games on Win10? - Similar Threads - Old games Win10

2. Running old win32 game on win10 x64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Running old win32 game on win10 x64: Hi, I'm having a problem with running an old game on window 10. The game came out around 2000. I tried DOS box, but it said: "This program must be run under win32." So i guess its not that old. I tried compatible settings, but no luck. neither XP or Win 98 settings...
  3. Old Games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old Games: So my computer is too ''new'' for my older games, so how can I downgrade to a lower bit? I'm assuming my windows 10 is 64 bit because my older game is complaining that 16 bit cannot be played on a 64 bit. Please help....
  4. Old Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games: Hi, i am trying to install Pharaoh from 1999 on my windows 10, rtx2070super i9 computer, i know it's hilarious to try to install a game form 21 yrs ago on such a beast, but it won't work, installing from original disk simply nothing happens when i press install. and...
  5. OLD Games,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD Games,: Helloo, I want to play old game called Bttle realm in win10, and other old games. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/8d7484e6-d085-4a33-8e75-cf8c206c57a4
  6. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  7. Old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games: Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/00382d49-5757-4d49-987b-b02876ff4960
  8. Win10 upgrade on old PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 upgrade on old PC: Okay, here's one out of left field for you guys. I have an Intel Pentium 4 Northwood sl6wk (Yes I am aware that Jesus owned a computer running the same) It meets all the Win10 requirements with flying colors though and is a very fast CPU even by today's standards. I...
  9. Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old (Win7) games fail on Win10 AU: This has to be the least important problem with the AU, but ... Shortly after installing Win10 I installed the old W7 solitaire package using the procedure in Hearts and Solitaire Games in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. It has been working fine for a a year or so....
  10. Is there a thread for Win10 on old computers?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a thread for Win10 on old computers?: Search didn't turn up any general threads. Curious if there's any interest here on running Win10 on really really old hardware just for fun and of course report on actual usability. 6813