Windows 10: Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/

Discus and support Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/ in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello i am having an issue running a couple of old games. I have Windows 10 Home and fully up to date with updates. These games are Blitzkrieg Rolling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MrPink520, Jan 3, 2020.

1. MrPink520 Win User

Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/

Hello i am having an issue running a couple of old games. I have Windows 10 Home and fully up to date with updates. These games are Blitzkrieg Rolling Thunder Gold Edition and Mission Kursk. I have the discs and dont need a code. They both downloaded with no problem and shortcut icons are on my desktop.I keep getting this message code everytime i go to start to play.

This application can be launched with a release version of Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME NT 4.0/2000/XP/ Server 2003 only.

What does it mean? Is there any Hope? Help......

:)

MrPink520, Jan 3, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jan 3, 2020
  3. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/

HKShip.exe has stopped working with Sleeping Dogs game on Windows 10

Hi Govindh,

We would be happy to help you with accessing the game on your device.

To assist you better please provide us below details:

• What is the Make and model of your computer?

• Did you purchased the game from windows store?

• Are you able to play any other games on the system?
    Let us try basic troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If you are downloading from the website, I suggest you to go to game developer website, check if there are any updated patches found for the game.

If the issue still persist,

Step 2: I request you to uninstall/reinstall the Sleeping Dogs game. Please follow below steps to uninstall the application

1. On the Start menu, select Settings.

2. Select System > Apps & features.

3. Select the program, then select Uninstall.

4. Follow the directions on the screen.

I suggest you to re-install the game and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/

1. Old Games that used to work all of a sudden stopped/ - Similar Threads - Old Games used

2. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  3. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI stopped working all of a sudden: My laptop is not connecting to wifi, and networks aren't shown all of a sudden todayTrouble shoot message:Problems found "'IntelR Wireless -AC 9560 adapter is experiencing driver-or hardware related problems"When i try to update the driver via Device Manager it shows "The...
  4. WIFI stopped working all of a sudden

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. games stop working suddenly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    games stop working suddenly: games stop working suddenly on windows 11 displaying an error messege that it cant run on this version. this happend to two games already it didnot happen at the same time even though i have been playing them for a month after upgrading to windows 11 without any problems....
  6. games stop working suddenly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    games stop working suddenly: games stop working suddenly on windows 11 displaying an error messege that it cant run on this version. this happend to two games already it didnot happen at the same time even though i have been playing them for a month after upgrading to windows 11 without any problems....
  7. PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN

PRINTER STOPPED WORKING, ALL OF A SUDDEN: My Printer is not working on Windows 10. I did everything from troubleshooting to unplugging the Printer, uninstall the Printer, then reinstalled it, nothing seems to work. I never had a problem with my Printer before...it just stopped working. Any suggestions on what I...
  8. all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.

all of my ports stopped working all of the sudden.: hello all. so basically my ports stopped working i only have 3 ports on the back that they are still working but all of the remaining ports stopped even the front ones and the type C ports. and its kinda weird because i think they give small power if i plug a hard drive...
  9. Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden.

Bluetooth drivers stopped working all of the sudden.: I was using my headphones and all of the sudden they stopped working and the laptop speakers started instead. I checked my Bluetooth settings to find that I couldn't turn it on anymore. [ATTACH] I should mention that the Bluetooth icon shoesn't show up in the system tray...
  10. Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work

Headphones stopped working all of a sudden at work: I had an issue where my headphones suddenly stopped working, and while troubleshooting went through all the possible online solutions: making sure drivers were updated, sound was on and off mute, checked the sound setting for correct default etc., all to no avail. I found an...