Windows 10: Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

Discus and support Old Games will not run on DirectX 12 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RussellHopkinson, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games..

Red Alert 2,

Command and Conquer Generals.

:)

RussellHopkinson, Mar 28, 2020

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/179113

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Mar 28, 2020
  3. IAmChunLi Win User
    DirectX errors when running old games

Hi,

I have tried compatibility mode and downloading all the DirectX versions as suggested below but still the same.

Note that these games can run when connected to the onboard graphics but not when connected via my recent graphics card. And it only seems to apply to old games (i.e. pre-DirectX 10).

I wonder if Windows is not able to send these DX calls to the PCI-E graphics card? Is there a way to check?

IAmChunLi, Mar 28, 2020
  4. jds63 Win User

Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

directx 12 fake?

Thanks, i have tried that recently no change, as i kept the old driver in these cases. Next step is to try to reinstall this game. Any settings changes do nothing in game. Weird how has not happened throughout half the game till i reach this mission only in game all others before were fine.

Notice back round, especially the trees being doubled plus off colors.

Old Games will not run on DirectX 12 [​IMG]

jds63, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

1. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12 - Similar Threads - Old Games run

2. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  3. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements: I have Nvidia GeForce 920m that shows in directx system, that it can operate directx 12, but at the same time max operational is 11, witch makes no sense. It's like saying ,, I can bench press 120kg, but I will never actually use my max strength, even I can,, . I'm asking why...
  4. Can operate directx 12 but System doesn't allow running games with directx 12 requirements

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  6. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  7. directx 12 not running valorant?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    directx 12 not running valorant?: I've been trying to run the game Valorant for the past hour or so and no matter what I do I get the same launch error, "DX11 Feature level 10.0 is required to run this engine". I have dx12 and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? I've tried nearly everything...
  8. directx 12 not running valorant?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    directx 12 not running valorant?: I've been trying to run the game Valorant for the past hour or so and no matter what I do I get the same launch error, "DX11 Feature level 10.0 is required to run this engine". I have dx12 and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? I've tried nearly everything...
  9. directx 12 not running valorant?

10. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dx12 old game