Windows 10: Old games won't run

Discus and support Old games won't run in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ozworkyn, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Old games won't run

Tried running Need for Speed Underground 2 and other semi-old games, can't see anything ingame because it shows "Input Not Supported" on the screen and then just sits there until I Ctrl-Alt-Del to kill the task. I TRY 640x480 mode, Run As Administrator, and Win XP Compatibility mode, nothing works. Is there a fix or something I can use to make these old games work again?

submitted by /u/Ozworkyn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Ozworkyn, Apr 1, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 25, 2020
  4. Old games won't run

microsoft store games won`t play

when I download a game from the Microsoft store it won`t play

the splash screen appears then goes

I have a core i5 with an nvidivia graphics card I tb hdd and 8 gb ram

I have tried the diagnostic for microsoft store and it say cache may need fixing.

garrywilliams1, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Old games won't run

1. Old games won't run - Similar Threads - Old games won't

2. Old game won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game won't launch: I'm trying to play Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Windows 10. I changed the compatibility mode to the recommended settings Windows XP Server Pack 3 and selected Run As Administrator, but it just says "Do you want to allow this application to make changes to your...
  3. Old game won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old game won't launch: I'm trying to play Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Windows 10. I changed the compatibility mode to the recommended settings Windows XP Server Pack 3 and selected Run As Administrator, but it just says "Do you want to allow this application to make changes to your...
  4. Won't run games at all!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Won't run games at all!: I recently put together a new to me PC, it was my dads media center that had the power supply burn out. So I replaced that and it runs good as new with everything, except games which was supposed to be it's explicit purpose. This thing won't run games that are 15 years old...
  5. Old game won't run, what can I do?

Old game won't run, what can I do?: So I recently bought Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (PC game), it's a game I loved when I was younger and I really wanted to play it again. So I have now installed it and it won't start. When I (try to) open the game I get a blackscreen and then the message "VGA no signal"....
  6. An old game running problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An old game running problem: Dear Sirs, I have just installed an old game cabela's 4x4 off road adventure 3 and when i try to run game this error is showing up: [SYSTEM ] Out of memory at line -1 in file C:\2002\Src\Game\EngineDll\Debug\Src\DebugSystem.cpp in function safe_malloc Caught in function...
  7. Old Games will not run on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Games will not run on DirectX 12: Specifically, old Command and Conquer Games.. Red Alert 2, Command and Conquer Generals. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games-will-not-run-on-directx-12/7239a46a-98ab-42d4-880e-beb9b0475edf
  8. Tried installing old PC games and they won't run

Tried installing old PC games and they won't run: I tried installing Star Trek: Armada, Hoyle Word Games, and Star Trek: Starship Creator. Armada and HWG didn't open at all, and Starship Creator did, but only half the functionality was there. I was also planning on RollerCoaster Tycoon (the original), and Hoyle Board Games,...
  9. Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old Program Won't Run on Windows 10: So basically, I downloaded this old file from 2004. Long story short, it's in Japanese, so I can't easily locate any additional information on it. There was download information on the web page I got it from, but putting it in Google Translate only turned up semi-useful...
  10. DirectX errors when running old games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DirectX errors when running old games: Hi, A lot of my older games do not run on my new Windows 10 desktop, with errors such as "this game requires DirectX 9.0c" etc. They can run if my screen is connected to my on-board Intel graphics motherboard (albeit not a great framerate) but come up with these errors when...