Windows 10: Old games

Discus and support Old games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ZdzisławPiątek, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Old games

Microsoft, please bring back working DirectDraw into Windows 10 and repair crashes of old versions of Warblade game.

:)

ZdzisławPiątek, Mar 21, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Mar 21, 2019
  3. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Old games

Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Old games

1. Old games - Similar Threads - Old games

2. Issues trying to install a 15 year old game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues trying to install a 15 year old game: So I was in the mood to be playing some SidMeier's Simgolf lately and tried installing the game via CD. I get to about 20% and an error pops up saying catastrophic failure regarding the properties folder or whatever and then quits. Any advice for trying to get this game...
  3. Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to discontinue its old internet games on Windows: Beginning January 2020, Microsoft’s outdated internet games will stop functioning on Windows 7 machines. In a new announcement, Microsoft has revealed that it plans to discontinue the internet-based games such as Checkers, Spades on Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows ME...
  4. Installing old Scrabble game on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing old Scrabble game on Windows 10: I have the CD for Scrabble Complete by Cosmi Corp. Had it for years...installed on my Windows 7...tho I had to have the disc in to play the game. would not play on Windows 10..so I tried to reinstall it completely but would not work. Any suggestions, or can I download a...
  5. play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    play an old game on windows 10. i think it is windows 2003 game.: hi can anyone help with my question. I have an old game of LINKS 2003 which I found in the cupboard and decided I couldn't play it on windows 10. would anyone know if this is going to be possible or will I just scrap it? thank you in advance. cheers Narelle...
  6. Old games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Old games: I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-games/1b59c716-2701-4713-ac01-05df244a01b5
  7. Old games unplayable - low fps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old games unplayable - low fps: Hello, I looked through many topics regarding this problem but I have never found a solution that would help me, so I would very much appreciate your help. I love some old games, that are not available right now on the digital platforms. I used to play them on my Windows...
  8. DiretX error when trying to launch 'old' (mostly 2D) games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DiretX error when trying to launch 'old' (mostly 2D) games: Hi, I'm currently facing a difficulty of launching some relatively 'old' games. And I'm pretty sure this is a problem with DirectX The thing happened in around October of 2018 when I'm trying to play the game Assassin's Creed Odyssey and faced the common 'game always...
  9. how can you run the old roller coaster tycoon games on whindows ten

how can you run the old roller coaster tycoon games on whindows ten: are there any way to run the old roller coaster tycoon games on the windows 10 system ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-you-run-the-old-roller-coaster-tycoon/b20ea437-ac1f-4e6a-b8b2-9b77d6116cb4
  10. Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled

Cannot run old games on Windows 10 because of DirectPlay not getting enabled: In an attempt to renew my childhood with Stronghold Crusader which is a 2001 game, I get an error with code: 0xc0000022 which is as far as I know related to DirectPlay being disabled on Windows 10 as default. DirectPlay can be enabled from Control Panel - Programs and...