Windows 10: Old games

Discus and support Old games in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JhLh, Jun 4, 2019.

1. JhLh Win User

Old games

I am trying to download an old game from the 90's. When I put in the cd it says that I have used all my space. Could this be a PC problem ?

:)

JhLh, Jun 4, 2019

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 4, 2019
  3. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Old games

Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Old games

1. Old games - Similar Threads - Old games

2. Old 32 bit game discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old 32 bit game discs: I have been searching for months for a solution to run my old 32-bit game discs or Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. My old Scrabble disc still downloads and runs in my Windows 10. I don't know more than a get by knowledge of computers. Is it possible for microsoft to...
  3. Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why some old games run poorly in win 10 ?!!!!: I tried Crysis 3 in both win 10 and win 8.1 . In 8.1 the game run much better 170 FPS but in win 10 stock at 64 for some reason. View Poll submitted by /u/Medium_Web6083 [link] [comments]...
  4. Old games on Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old games on Win10?: Howdy. I have old games. Or: almost all of my games are for old computers, here are two examples of the minimum requirements: Win 3.x,Win95,98, Ram 8 MB,Graka from 256 colors Win 98,ME,XP,96 MB Ram,Pentium III is there a general trick to getting all these games to...
  5. Can't get old game to work after reinstalling Windows 10 worked fine before

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get old game to work after reinstalling Windows 10 worked fine before: After a recent BSOD crash and unsuccessful troubleshooting, I threw in the towel and reinstalled Windows 10 Home 64 bit. I used a generic USB stick created at the Microsoft web site rather than the recovery USB stick I had made before the crash using the Toshiba tools on my...
  6. Installing and playing old microsoft games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing and playing old microsoft games: how can I play my CD's with Windows95 operating systems. I was told to that Compatibility Mode in Settings might work but I am having trouble locating that....
  7. Can old games like ''Disney's Night of the Villains'' be improved from the graphics?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can old games like ''Disney's Night of the Villains'' be improved from the graphics?: I was wondering if you can sharpen up old games from the graphics a bit or if you can. Sometimes the lower half is torn or delayed by the game. Can you? Anti-aliasing? Anything else? [ATTACH] I found the game in my closet and was released in 1999 with Windows 95...
  8. Old game: How do I make it work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old game: How do I make it work?: Hi guys! I've owned the game "Alpine Ski Racing 2007" (RTL) for many years and wanted to ask if anyone knows how to get it running again! Unfortunately, I always get the following error message: Error loading x64 Driver. Did you forget to reboot? (despite repeated booting and...
  9. How do I download games from my old pc using delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I download games from my old pc using delivery optimization?: I changed PCs, but despite having the same Windows account, I can't move installed games' folders to a different pc. Since there's no way of playing games installed on old Windows install on my fresh new one, I thought I could save bandwidth by using Windows' delivery...
  10. Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to uninstall old Microsoft Store games after installing windows on a new SSD: Hello, I recently had to get a new SSD because my old one crashed. I was running Sea of thieves and Minecraft dungeons from my old Hard drive i had in still in my pc. When i got the new SSD and set it up none of the microsoft store games show up on the apps list and i've been...