Windows 10: OLD Games,

Discus and support OLD Games, in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Helloo, I want to play old game called Bttle realm in win10, and other old games.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbbieeTenamen, May 30, 2020.

1. OLD Games,

Helloo, I want to play old game called Bttle realm in win10, and other old games.

:)

AbbieeTenamen, May 30, 2020

2. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 30, 2020
  3. When I updated to windows 10 my old 101 puzzle and logic games are not working

Hello,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you installed these games on your Computer? Is it through CD/DVD or Windows Store?
    • When you say, "old 101 puzzle" are you referring to Microsoft Jigsaw puzzles?

As you have already tried different troubleshooting steps with no avail, I suggest you to contact the game manufacturer regarding this matter for assistance and check if this helps.

Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 30, 2020
  4. OLD Games,

Unable to play old games in Windows 10

Hello Larry,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information to help you better:

• What is the exact issue that you are facing with old games on Windows 10?

• On which operating system that the games ran successfully?

• Which game are you referring to?

• Do you get any error message?

You might be facing this issue due to the incompatibility of the game with Windows 10. So I suggest you to install the game in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Now, to install in Compatibility Mode, follow these steps:

a. Locate the executable file (.exe file) for the driver installation program.

b. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

c. In the Package Name Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

d. Click to select the Run this program in compatibility mode for check box, click Windows 8/ Windows 7
    with which it is compatible with in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

e. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with the results we will be happy to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 30, 2020
Thema:

OLD Games,

1. OLD Games, - Similar Threads - OLD Games

2. HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...: HI!I have a problem to run games, Command and Conquer from steam as it finally releases here!As I tried to run the games, it failed to do so. Asking newer directX 8 or better. But my system does have DirectX 12 for Windows 10.Anyone please help me as I failed to find any...
  3. HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...: HI!I have a problem to run games, Command and Conquer from steam as it finally releases here!As I tried to run the games, it failed to do so. Asking newer directX 8 or better. But my system does have DirectX 12 for Windows 10.Anyone please help me as I failed to find any...
  4. HAVING PROBLEM WITH OLD GAMES SUCH AS COMMAND AND CONQUER TITLE TO RUN. ASKING NEWER...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.: Somehow lost my Spider Solitaire I have saved scores on and want it back. I still have the Ap, but today I had to sign in, never done that before.I had over 350 games on my score and today after I was made to sign in I was back to 0 as if I had never played before. I'm...
  6. Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.

Where's my old game of Spider Solitaire gone.: Somehow lost my Spider Solitaire I have saved scores on and want it back. I still have the Ap, but today I had to sign in, never done that before.I had over 350 games on my score and today after I was made to sign in I was back to 0 as if I had never played before. I'm...
  7. MYST the game old setup discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MYST the game old setup discs: I found a 20 year old set of discs for the game Myst and got very nostalgic.I am by no means a gamer, in fact I can't remember playing any video games above chess/solitaire in years, but would love to take a fond look back at it to see what I've forgotten... and remember the...
  8. MYST the game old setup discs

MYST the game old setup discs: I found a 20 year old set of discs for the game Myst and got very nostalgic.I am by no means a gamer, in fact I can't remember playing any video games above chess/solitaire in years, but would love to take a fond look back at it to see what I've forgotten... and remember the...
  9. Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive: - So, presumably from an old install of the Xbox app, I have installations of Halo MCC, Starbound, Conan Exiles, and PIllars of Eternity 2 on my computer. The issue being that these are stored on two "Program Files" folders across two drives, which then goes into a...
  10. Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive

Leftover games from old Xbox install are stuck on drive: - So, presumably from an old install of the Xbox app, I have installations of Halo MCC, Starbound, Conan Exiles, and PIllars of Eternity 2 on my computer. The issue being that these are stored on two "Program Files" folders across two drives, which then goes into a...