Windows 10: old graphics card not working with windows 10

Discus and support old graphics card not working with windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have a pc with nvidia quadro fx 1500 graphics card....after installing windows 10 on my system the device manager is not showing any graphics card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by UTTAM GUHA, Feb 21, 2019.

1. old graphics card not working with windows 10

i have a pc with nvidia quadro fx 1500 graphics card....after installing windows 10 on my system the device manager is not showing any graphics card installed.And a i'm also unable to find any driver for this graphics card with windows 10 64 bit compatibility.....what should i do?

:)

UTTAM GUHA, Feb 21, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Graphics card information.

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

The error might occur if the Graphic card is cannot update the driver automatically.

I suggest you to update the graphic card manually by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager.
    • Expand Display Driver from the list.
    • Right click on the Graphic driver and select
      update driver software.

Also, can download the latest version of the graphic card from the manufacturer website.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2019
  4. old graphics card not working with windows 10

Nvidia Graphics Card

Hello Brian,

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on the Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

old graphics card not working with windows 10

1. old graphics card not working with windows 10 - Similar Threads - old graphics card

2. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics card not working: The hdmi port doesn’t show display and the graphics card is not detected in device manager. This started after I cleaned my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-card-not-working/d4b58984-af35-4385-8c7f-10a3a2ece86a
  3. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics card not working: My graphics card fans aren’t spinning. Nor does it show up in the task manager. I swapped out the gpu and that one worked fine. This problem started after I cleaned the gpu....
  4. Graphics card not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics card not working: My graphics card fans aren’t spinning. Nor does it show up in the task manager. I swapped out the gpu and that one worked fine. This problem started after I cleaned the gpu....
  5. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  6. Graphics Card Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Not Working: I recently, accidentally broke my SSD. I got my Win 10 working on the new SSD. But, I can't seem to figure out how to get the video card to work. Its a GeForce GTX 1060. When I remove the graphics card and run HDMI out from the motherboard, it works fine. But, when I install...
  7. Graphic Card is not working

Graphic Card is not working: I have bought ASUS Zenbook Model UX330UAR with no warranty . After 20 days when i restart laptop it didn't start sign in option comes and screen goes black... I tried updating graphic driver... But nothing solve this problem..... Then i Reset and Install Windows again..........
  8. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: Computer Parts Motherboard: Prime x470 pro Power Supply: Powerspec 550W, 80+ Bronze Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400g /w Vega 11 Integrated Graphics Gpu: Amd rx 580 8gb 2 Ram Slots corsair veng. 8gb each I have done a full malware scan, Made sure my HDMI is plugged into my graphics card and...
  9. Graphics card not working

Graphics card not working: So I just recently got a new graphics card I put it in perfectly and connected the cord that powers it and when I boot the PC on the fan starts to work and everything but the graphics card doesn't install or show anywhere on my PC like windows isn't detecting it and it...
  10. Upgrading an Old Graphics Card

Upgrading an Old Graphics Card: Hi everyone! I have a very old PC that I built in 2008 with the following configuration: Asus P5Q Pro motherboard; Intel core 2 duo e8500 CPU; 8GB RAM; Asus EN9600GSO TOP/HTDP/384M video card (DirectX 10) My PC runs Windows 10 1909 just fine. Here is the question. I do...