Windows 10: Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to...

Discus and support Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I replaced the 1 Tb Dynamic hard drive Made by Microsoft in my laptop with a solid state drive and used the replaced drive to make an external drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AnandGumaste, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to...

I replaced the 1 Tb Dynamic hard drive Made by Microsoft in my laptop with a solid state drive and used the replaced drive to make an external drive with USB connection using a commercially available container. This drive is not accessible on my PC.

I can see the drive on my 2 Windows 10 laptops but not on my Windows 10 desk top PC.

I tried formatting and wiping to remove all data on the disk. Even then the problem continues.

On the laptops also I can access both the basic partition and the partition named 'Recovery' but cannot merge them.

I cannot delete the partitions in the 'Recovery' drive using windows Disk Management.

How can I convert the full drive into one Basic Drive usable everywhere?

Thanks and Regards

Anand Gumaste

:)

AnandGumaste, Jun 24, 2020

2. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata connection is much faster speed and I have a eSata to USB3 adaptor cable which works fine on the Medion PC.
    I want to use this external drive of a newer PC that only has USB 2 and 3 connections. It works fine plugged into both USB2 and USB3 with the standard USB to USB cable.
    But plugging the eSata to USB3 cable in nothing happens.
    I have tried to see if I can get a driver from Medion but the unit is not listed on their web site.
    Also have tried to see if I can get a driver on the internet and did install one that looked hopeful but did not help.
    Attached are images of the showing the drivers in use on the Medion PC (Windows 10 Home 32 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable and eSata to USB cable.
    Also attached is image of driver in use on newer PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable.

Older Medion PC says when connected with eSata to USB cable that External Hard Drive is a ASMT 2115 USB device - disk drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.0 21/06/2006)
    and when connected by USB to USB cable as Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 USB drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.0 21/06/2006).

On newer PC (Win 10 Pro 64 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable it says Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 USB drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.1613 21/06/2006).

Any suggestions on how to get the eSata to USB3 cable connection for this externasl hard drive to work on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC?
    Would it be possible to copy some how driver from older PC to new PC?

Many thanks for any advice.

Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to... [​IMG]

Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to... [​IMG]

Chillblast2017, Jun 24, 2020
  3. luarpc Win User
    External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

Hi Chillbast2017.

Try this:

Connect your External Hard Drive eSata to USB3 to new pc.
    Open Computer Management, then Disk Management and at the bottom search for your 1 TB external hard drive, if you can see it there, right click mouse on it, then click on Change Drive Letter and Paths, click on Add, choose Assign the Following Drive Letter, choose the letter on your right and click ok. Close Computer Management. See if it worked. I had the same problem with an old HD on Windows 10 x64, windows didn't recognize the hard drive connected with eSata cable to USB 2 or 3, and this did the trick.

Cheers

luarpc, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to...

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

Hi
    Although when connecting the external hard drive to new computer (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) by eSata to USB3 cable in to USB3 socket the computer makes an audible bleep, nothing shows in disc management for this.

When drive is connected by USB to USB cable (USB2) the drive is seen and opened and automatically allocated as drive G and is visible in disc management as such and labelled as HDDRIVE2GO (GOld hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to... :).

Really puzzled as to why same does not happen when connecting using the eSata to USB3 cable (as it works perfectly on old computer running Windows 10 home 32 bit.

As this external hard drive is a fully enclosed drive with separate power supply I am not certain how an eSata expansion card would help me.
    Thanks
    Steve

Chillblast2017, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to...

1. Old hard drive seen when connected to Windows 10 Laptops but not seen when connected to... - Similar Threads - Old hard drive

2. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  3. Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb hard drive has a different drive letter and is not seen by laptops.: I have a usb hard drive that is attached to my router and uses R: on a desktop as its drive letter. However on 2 laptops it uses S:. How do I get the laptops to see and communicate with the hard drive?...
  4. Bluetooth headphones are seen as connected by my laptop, but they aren't actually connected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones are seen as connected by my laptop, but they aren't actually connected.: I have WH CH500 bluetooth headphones that have been working fine with my laptop for its entire lifespan. These headphones still work on other devices, but not on my laptop. Whenever I attempt to connect my headphones, the settings will read "connected" for a short while then...
  5. Bluetooth headphones are seen as connected by my laptop, but they aren't actually connected.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones are seen as connected by my laptop, but they aren't actually connected.: I have WH CH500 bluetooth headphones that have been working fine with my laptop for its entire lifespan. These headphones still work on other devices, but not on my laptop. Whenever I attempt to connect my headphones, the settings will read "connected" for a short while then...
  6. Bluetooth headphones are seen as connected by my laptop, but they aren't actually connected.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Android phone files not seen on laptop when connected through usb cable: I have a smart Samsung android phone and would like to know as to how can I get to see files on my windows 10 laptop,and also be able to transfer them from phone to my laptop and vice versa....
  8. Is this normal when installing windows? I’ve seen a lot of bugs I’ve never seen before when...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this normal when installing windows? I’ve seen a lot of bugs I’ve never seen before when...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DHVNN [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/khv5jx/is_this_normal_when_installing_windows_ive_seen_a/
  9. Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer

Hard drive nowhere to be seen on computer: A little background, I had a computer that had a WD external hard drive that i used for storage. I recently built a new PC, but and i would like to use this external hard drive on this new computer because it has the majority of my files. Anyways, I've plugged in my drive to...
  10. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...