Windows 10: old hardware licence

Discus and support old hardware licence in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Ok so a bit of background before my question... I had purchased a laptop for my daughter a few years back with windows 7 on it, when the offer to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ermurazor69, Apr 24, 2019.

1. old hardware licence

Ok so a bit of background before my question... I had purchased a laptop for my daughter a few years back with windows 7 on it, when the offer to upgrade to 10 for free came up I did so. Jump ahead to this past August I bought her a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. My question is this I now need to install Windows 10 into a virtual machine with an older version of nvidia graphics drivers so I can continue to watch my 3d movies using a 3d vision monitor (new drivers no longer have support but have to upgrade to play my games) does my daughters Microsoft account have 2 active licences (and how do I verify this so I don't deactivate her new laptop) and if I use her account in the virtual machine can I use the second licence should it exist? I don't really enjoy having to choose between my games or the dozens of 3d movies I can no longer watch....

:)

ermurazor69, Apr 24, 2019

2. Activation troubles after hardware chnage

Here's what happened:

• Linked my Windows 10 Pro Licence to my Microsoft account.
    • Switched out to a new motherboard, new install linked to my Microsoft account.
    • Activation has failed, (Error Code: 0xC004C003) when I try to troubleshoot:
    • Have been trying for 3 days now - still not activated.
    Anyone got any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thanks

TobiasPreston, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Transfer Windows 10 Licence from Old/Dead Computer to New Computer

Hello old hardware licence :))

My old computer is getting a hardware upgrade - new Motherboard, CPU, RAM, HDD and so on.

First: Will my old licence work on the new PC

Second: If no, can I move the licence from the old PC to the new PC? That way still having a new computer with the old OS licence and the old computer with no license?

Kind regards,

Lina

XelinaTsukiyomi, Apr 24, 2019
  4. old hardware licence

Standard Hardware Security not supported

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to run hardware troubleshooter and let us know if that helps.

Type "Troubleshooting" in the
    Windows Search bar and press Enter.

1. Click on "View All" in the top left corner.
    2. This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Also I would suggest to check if there are any update pending with regard to drivers and to do so, please follow steps mentioned below.

1. Search for Device Manager in
      Windows
      search bar.
    2. Click on Device Manager.
    3. Check if there Yellow Exclamation Point in the list of drivers.

Make sure Windows is up to date.

Hope it helps.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

old hardware licence

1. old hardware licence - Similar Threads - old hardware licence

2. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring hardware - windows licence: Hello,I've recently set up a PC for a colleague where the windows licence is a digital licence for Windows that came with the PC presumably embedded onto the PC The box itself has developed a fault which means it keeps losing connection to wifi via a USB dongle - I've set up...
  3. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transferring hardware - windows licence: Hello,I've recently set up a PC for a colleague where the windows licence is a digital licence for Windows that came with the PC presumably embedded onto the PC The box itself has developed a fault which means it keeps losing connection to wifi via a USB dongle - I've set up...
  4. Transferring hardware - windows licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Moving windows10 licence to another hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving windows10 licence to another hardware: I have a windows 10 licence running in my old PC. It is actually a windows 7 license that I choose to upgrade to windows 10. When I installed the windows to my new device it won't accept my product key. I login using the account but I still cannot have it activated. Is there...
  6. Moving windows10 licence to another hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving windows10 licence to another hardware: I have a windows 10 licence running in my old PC. It is actually a windows 7 license that I choose to upgrade to windows 10. When I installed the windows to my new device it won't accept my product key. I login using the account but I still cannot have it activated. Is there...
  7. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  8. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital licence and hardware change: Hi,I have made hardware changes and reinstalled windows. I accidentally removed the previous build/PC from my devices in my microsoft account. Now I cannot activate the new build. How can I fix this?Nic...
  9. Digital licence and hardware change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Changed Hardware now Windows 10 Pro licence blocked by old "Profile"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changed Hardware now Windows 10 Pro licence blocked by old "Profile": Hello, I just reinstalled Windows 10 Pro N using my licence key after changing some hardware components, including the HD. Now I found out that my licence was blocked by the old hardware, because my Microsoft account now mentioned 2 pc's. I then removed the old name of...