Windows 10: Old hdd is not allowing me to boot

Discus and support Old hdd is not allowing me to boot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi So my computer was starting to get full and I remember that I had 1tb drive in an old pc that no one was using. So I try to plug it in but each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Developper, May 14, 2020.

1. Old hdd is not allowing me to boot

Hi

So my computer was starting to get full and I remember that I had 1tb drive in an old pc that no one was using. So I try to plug it in but each time I get to my motherboard boot screen and click del nothing happens. Now idk how to continue.I just want to format that drive

:)

Developper, May 14, 2020
  2. gygabite Win User

Changing boot hdd

I downloaded PartitionMagic8.0, but the partition i want to make is not bootable.
    So the system boots from the old, loud hdd, and when i unplug the old, it doesnt boot.
    Any advice or suggestions how to change boot hdd without reinstalling Winxp?

gygabite, May 14, 2020
  3. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, May 14, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Old hdd is not allowing me to boot

XP Boot HDD taken from Failed MB - Get Files?

Just as I suspected... :shadedshu Can't access the Document and Settings for some users on HDD unless I've booted from it and logged in as the user - in this case myself...

Next step boot the old HDD on a different computer in safe mode, with fingers crossed.

Sasqui, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Old hdd is not allowing me to boot

1. Old hdd is not allowing me to boot - Similar Threads - Old hdd allowing

2. How to boot from my old HDD on new build

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to boot from my old HDD on new build: Hey there,My motherboard finally went out not too long ago, and since it was time for me to upgrade my system anyways, I did an entire new build excluding my old memory and HDD. I have a retail version of WIN10, and when I went to boot UEFI shows "no bootable drives", though...
  3. How to boot from my old HDD on new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to boot from my old HDD on new build: Hey there,My motherboard finally went out not too long ago, and since it was time for me to upgrade my system anyways, I did an entire new build excluding my old memory and HDD. I have a retail version of WIN10, and when I went to boot UEFI shows "no bootable drives", though...
  4. How to boot from my old HDD on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Old hdd problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old hdd problem: Hi I have this old "WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar 2850" and I plugged in with an Usb adapter and I got this sound that something got plugged in but I can't see it. submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky09dy/old_hdd_problem/
  6. Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old HDD: So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine...
  7. Failed HDD won't allow me to install Visual Studio

Failed HDD won't allow me to install Visual Studio: I had a hard drive fail on me a couple months ago. It's removed from my system and no longer shows up in disk management or any other place. However, I'm currently having an issue with installing Visual Studio 2019. Under the installation location, one of the locations it...
  8. How to boot SB2 with old desktop HDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to boot SB2 with old desktop HDD ?: Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well with the pandemic going on. So i still have few of my old pcs and my desktops hdd. I have a sata to usb cable that i use for my laptops hdd to open in my surface book. Before i format them i tried booting my SB2 with the hdd but...
  9. Reusing old HDD

Reusing old HDD: I just got an ssd for my pc. I want to use it as my boot drive, and my old hard drive for storage. Do I need wipe the HDD, and if so, how do I do it? submitted by /u/TheThirdWheel13 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/erwehu/reusing_old_hdd/
  10. New Computer with boot from SSD & old computer's boot HDD as secondary

in Windows 10 Support
    New Computer with boot from SSD & old computer's boot HDD as secondary: Greetings. I just built a new computer with an SSD boot drive and the boot HDD from the old computer as a second drive. Both drives have Win10-1803 on them, and each is bootable in the new PC. In the interest of conserving space on the SSD, I want to install programs on both...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd no boot after repleacing to other computer