Windows 10: Old HDD protect against failure

Discus and support Old HDD protect against failure in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eldoctore, Dec 30, 2018.

1. eldoctore Win User

Old HDD protect against failure

Hi
    My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of which refer to data on the HDD). The HDD has all my pictures, games etc on it.
    What would be my best strategy for backup if the HDD dies? I backup the data to an external drive but would like to get back an running exactly as before in event of HDD failure so was thinking Windows mirror/ software RAID 1 with a new HDD until my old one dies. Carry on with intermittent data backup also.
    Thoughts? Unnecessary complications/ disadvantages? Cheers.

:)

eldoctore, Dec 30, 2018

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Old HDD protect against failure - Similar Threads - Old HDD protect

2. How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft: Hello,How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft?I understand that if the HDD is removed from laptop and inserted in an other machine or external drive, the disk would be inaccessible.However, as long as disk is still in the laptop, what prevent me from logging as...
  3. How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft: Hello,How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft?I understand that if the HDD is removed from laptop and inserted in an other machine or external drive, the disk would be inaccessible.However, as long as disk is still in the laptop, what prevent me from logging as...
  4. How is TPM chip protects against against lap top theft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. hdd failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hdd failure: Hello , Every time i start on my laptop it freezes at a point before the windows Sign appears, even if I want to enter the configuration when pressing F10 , it takes a while. So vie took out the regular HDD and left the SSD in the laptop . Then the laptop come back to normal...
  6. hdd failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdd failure: Hello , Every time i start on my laptop it freezes at a point before the windows Sign appears, even if I want to enter the configuration when pressing F10 , it takes a while. So vie took out the regular HDD and left the SSD in the laptop . Then the laptop come back to normal...
  7. hdd failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Is my user password protected, and what does it protect against?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is my user password protected, and what does it protect against?: Hello everyone I can't figure out, if my Windows user is really password protected. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 Home I have only 1 local user / admin If I shutdown PC, and turn on again, I don't have to enter password If I restart PC, I don't have to enter password If...
  9. Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers

Protection Against Malware/Virus/Keyloggers: So i have an old dell xps 9550 laptop that i still have been using for a while. It has windows ten pro. It's my main laptop. With my laptop, I try to do my best of trying to avoid going on certain sites and clicking links etc. So because of that, a while back I got another...
  10. Protection Against Ransomwares

Protection Against Ransomwares: Does the Microsoft know all about ransomware? Microsoft's persons can catch them but...deal [Original Title: Protactions] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/protection-against-ransomwares/9dcfe6bc-8fa9-424d-a8cb-488a7095f186