Windows 10: Old HDD protect against failure

Discus and support Old HDD protect against failure in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eldoctore, Dec 30, 2018.

1. eldoctore Win User

Old HDD protect against failure

Hi
    My HDD is 8 years old, working well but presumably due to fail sooner rather than later. My OS is on an SDD (along with some programs/ apps some of which refer to data on the HDD). The HDD has all my pictures, games etc on it.
    What would be my best strategy for backup if the HDD dies? I backup the data to an external drive but would like to get back an running exactly as before in event of HDD failure so was thinking Windows mirror/ software RAID 1 with a new HDD until my old one dies. Carry on with intermittent data backup also.
    Thoughts? Unnecessary complications/ disadvantages? Cheers.

:)

eldoctore, Dec 30, 2018

2. HDD Corrupt ?

Hi,

There are many possible reasons this issue is happening. We'd like to ask few questions below:

• What is the brand name of you Hard Disk Drive?
    • How old is the HDD?
    Since you already tried multiple troubleshooting steps, we suggest visiting the manufacturer's website. Find and download a hard drive diagnostic software to help resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Old HDD protect against failure - Similar Threads - Old HDD protect

2. Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative

in Windows 10 News
    Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative: Windows client guidance for IT Pros to protect against speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities Applies to: Windows Server 2016 Version 1709, Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard, Windows Server 2012 Standard, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008...
  3. MSE for Windows 7 protect directories/files against Ransomware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MSE for Windows 7 protect directories/files against Ransomware?: Over the last update of Windows 10 ( Fall Creators Update) it seems possible to protect users directories and files against Ransomware. Why this functionality is not available over the MSE program settings on Windows 7 ? Or if it is how to enable it ? Vincent....
  4. usb protected against writing error help

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb protected against writing error help: usb protected against writing error help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-protected-against-writing-error-help/52cce591-f864-4574-a7d6-fdd1bd2de65d
  5. RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomwar

RansomFree is the free program that protects your PC against ransomwar: Although there are programs to protect against ransomware, the best option still remains back up your files & make system images. *Wink Hoping to stop ransomware in its tracks, security firm Cybereason announced a new anti-malware security program on Monday called...
  6. Sr. Citizen On Protecting Against Crypto, etc. On New PC ?

Sr. Citizen On Protecting Against Crypto, etc. On New PC ?: Hello, Will be getting new desktop PC with W10 in a few days. Sr. Citizen now, and not ver sharp with PC's anymore, frankly. My old PC with W7 was clobbered by that CryptoLocker and I think it was called CBT Locker or something similar trojan. Really terrified that...
  7. Microsoft releases updates to protect against nation-state activity

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft releases updates to protect against nation-state activity: On May 12, 2017, the WannaCrypt ransomware served as an all too real example of the danger of cyber attacks to individuals and businesses globally. In reviewing the updates for this month, some vulnerabilities were identified that pose elevated risk of cyber attacks by...
  8. Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection

in Windows 10 News
    Protecting Microsoft Edge against binary injection: In May, we announced that Microsoft Edge was saying goodbye to binary extensibility models such as ActiveX and Browser Helper Objects. This change made browsing in Windows faster, more secure, and more stable than ever, while paving the way for better interoperability with...
  9. Protect your Windows devices against Spectre and Meltdown

in Windows 10 News
    Protect your Windows devices against Spectre and Meltdown: Summary This article discusses the impact of the recently disclosed processor vulnerabilities, named “Spectre” and “Meltdown,” for Windows customers. This article also provides resources to help keep your devices protected at home, at work, and across your enterprise....
  10. Windows Defender to protect against apps that show coercive messages

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender to protect against apps that show coercive messages: There has been an increase in free versions of programs that purport to scan computers for various errors, and then use alarming, coercive messages to scare customers into buying a premium version of the same program. The paid version of these programs, usually called cleaner...