Windows 10: Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

Discus and support Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC". I shut down the PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LoudNProud77, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

This HDD is a 2tb, I've been using it for almost 10 years now, however yesterday I noticed the drive was missing in "This PC".

I shut down the PC while holding shift while clicking shutdown. HDD came back upon reboot. Later in the night while playing a game, I got a notification that the drive had been disconnected (I have 3 separate SSD's). Rebooted PC with same method and drive came back. I saw on a separate forum to turn off a power setting to power off the drives after a certain amount of time, which seems to have worked for now (mine was set to 20 minutes for some reason, but not a single time before this has it ever powered off?). I've been using this drive for 10 years almost and Win10 for 3 years, first time I've ran into this issue.

Is the drive dying or is Windows at fault? Also on boot, it wants to scan and repair my recovery drive, which takes no more than 2 seconds, something new that's happened along with the HDD disconnecting, not sure if its related or not.

submitted by /u/LoudNProud77
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LoudNProud77, Mar 4, 2020
  2. emperoor Win User

hdd didn't connected, it was shown up connected to bios, but wasnt listed in disk list or disk management

I have installed new pc,, new windows, everything is brand new.

But......

My SDD is working well,

but my hdd were not,,

I have tried checked another port in SATA port,

I have tried disk part, disk list,, it weren't listed,

it wasn't shown up in disk management

but it is showing in device management, and also BIOS

please help me, I have no idea what's goin on

any clue?

emperoor, Mar 4, 2020
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 4, 2020
  4. GallapQE Win User

Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Thanks for your answer but I think you have not read even the title, the hdd is not showing up in disk management.

GallapQE, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager

1. Old HDD shows in BIOS but not in Disk Manager - Similar Threads - Old HDD shows

2. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  3. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management: I have 2 things of storage. first is 1Tb HDD barracuda and 128GB ssd. The ssd is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my hdd in there. Also i'm already trying to change port sata cable each of them,change the sata with new one...
  4. HDD dint detected on BIOs and Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  6. My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new HDD is not showing up on disk manager, but shows up in BIOs: Hello, i recently got a new 4TB HDD from western digital's black brand and it's just not showing up anywhere, not as an unknown disk, but just not at all on windows, like it's not even plugged in, even though both sets of SATA cables I used are working properly due to me...
  7. HDD not detected in bios or disk management

HDD not detected in bios or disk management: Hi, I have recently built a computer. Ryzen 5 2600 and MSI 1660 super. I have 2 things of storage. 1 M.2 ssd which is 1 tb. and a 4tb Wd Blue. The 1tb is working fine and I can see it in the bios of my gigabyte motherboard but I cant see my WD blue. If you can provide me...
  8. Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management

Second HDD showing up in BIOS and Device Management, but not in Disk Management: Hello! First of all about my config Lenovo Y720-15IKB OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB Motherboard: Intel H170 ITX KBL-S( I believe, the system doesnt say it, I looked up on the internet) BIOS version/date: LENOVO 4GCN31WW, 2017. 09. 27. SSD: Kingston...
  9. Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager

Missing HDD in BIOS, Explorer and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...
  10. Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing HDD in BIOS and Disk Manager: I recently started having issues with Windows 7 and decided to upgrade the system in stages. I was running the following: C: Main WD 1TB Caviar Black (Windows 7 and most software) D: Photos (WD 500MB Caviar Blue) E: DVD G: Simulator software (WD 1TB WD Caviar Black) and all...