Windows 10: Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional

Discus and support Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had issues transfering files from my old PC to my new PC. So I put my old HDD with windows 10 OS in my new computer as a secondary drive. After I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Randall_291, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional

I had issues transfering files from my old PC to my new PC. So I put my old HDD with windows 10 OS in my new computer as a secondary drive. After I finished transfering the files. I put my old HDD back in my old PC. Now it's not working properly. It will boot the OS but I get, "Windows cannot access the specified device, pat, or file. You may not have permission to access the item." I can't go into the file system and none of my applications work. How do I fix this?

:)

Randall_291, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Dice Vil Win User

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Apr 7, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Apr 7, 2021
  4. geoffers Win User

Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional

SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional [​IMG]

geoffers, Apr 7, 2021
Thema:

Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional

1. Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional - Similar Threads - Old HDD isn't

2. This isn't my old Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This isn't my old Windows 10: I'm 68 and have had Windows computers since 1997 and experience/semi-mastered every version since Win95.My newly bought refurbished computer with Windows 10 installed has threatened to upgrade to Windows 11 tomorrow at noon.I'm trying to set up as much as I can before that...
  3. This isn't my old Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This isn't my old Windows 10: I'm 68 and have had Windows computers since 1997 and experience/semi-mastered every version since Win95.My newly bought refurbished computer with Windows 10 installed has threatened to upgrade to Windows 11 tomorrow at noon.I'm trying to set up as much as I can before that...
  4. This isn't my old Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10: HelloCouple of days ago I decided to go and try to create a dual boot setup Windows 10 + Ubuntu for my PC for work purposes. For some unknown reason, I could notinstall Ubuntu, but it would always crash during install giving a variety of errors. During this process, which...
  6. Old HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old HDD: So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine...
  7. windows hello face isn't functioning

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows hello face isn't functioning: My windows hello sign in no longer works. It indicates that it can't find a compatible camera yet it worked fine in prior versions. How do I get the functionality back?...
  8. Touchpad suddenly not fully functional

Touchpad suddenly not fully functional: My touchpad works, but the two finger scroll up and down is not working anymore. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-suddenly-not-fully-functional/9a010716-8e87-41a3-bd48-1dbfcffedb48
  9. Auto-Rotate button not fully functional

Auto-Rotate button not fully functional: My Auto-Rotate button isn't fully functional in W10 RTM and was in W10 TP. In W10 RTM the Auto-Rotate button doesn't function when my 2-in-1 isn't rotated. In W10 TP the Auto-Rotate button functioned in whether rotated or not. Anyone observe anything similiar? Thanks....
  10. Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10?

Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10?: When My Passport Essential has been left idle for almost 20 minutes, the disk will stop rotating, and it will start rotating again when I read files on it. Is that a built-in function on the HDD or Windows 10? 90657