Windows 10: Old HDD Windows Key to new SSD.

Discus and support Old HDD Windows Key to new SSD. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello. I just recently had to install a inactivated windows after unplugging my hard drive and leaving my ssd. I had to do this because my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Braydon Shaver, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Old HDD Windows Key to new SSD.

Hello.

I just recently had to install a inactivated windows after unplugging my hard drive and leaving my ssd. I had to do this because my computer was being insanely slow and clearly had several problems. This helped a lot because it basically just wiped my computer. Now I have my HDD plugged back in and all I want to know is how to transfer my windows key from that old HDD to my new default SSD. I have done something similar before within steam, I had my ssd as my steam library data holder, then moved my old steam folder from my other drive into that same steam library and I was able to get all of my games reinstalled as if they were never gone. The only reason I want this is so that I don't have to see the "Activate Windows" in the bottom right of the screen every time I don't have something pulled up and because I want to edit personalization.

Thanks for the future responses.

:)

Braydon Shaver, Sep 6, 2020

2. Copying Windows 10 to new SSD from existing HDD while upgrading to SSD from HDD.

Hi,

I'm thinking about updating my 2 years old laptop from HDD to SSD. Since my HDD is still in working condition, I plan to use it as an external HDD. I have a pre-installed Windows 10 Home on my laptop.
    Is it possible for me to transfer it to the new SSD while upgrading? If then please tell me the steps to follow.

Thanks and Regards,

Arjun.

Arjun Dinesh, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows
    10 from the old HDD and install it on the SSD to speed up boot.

I read where you cannot remove Windows 10 from the original HDD. Not sure if that is true.

ChuckDeVries, Sep 6, 2020
  4. PixxlMan Win User

Old HDD Windows Key to new SSD.

If I install a new SSD and reinstall Windows there, will the new Windows installation recognize my old HDD and SSD?

I am going to be upgrading my computer soon, and as part of that upgrade I will get a new SSD where I will reinstall Windows to.

I want to be able to use and access the data on my old HDD and old SSD from this new Windows installation.

Will Windows recognize the installation and let me access the data on the old drives?

Thanks in advance!

PixxlMan, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Old HDD Windows Key to new SSD.

1. Old HDD Windows Key to new SSD. - Similar Threads - Old HDD Key

2. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  3. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop: I have a Lenovo laptop running on Windows 10. I am planning to replace the the hard drive from HDD to SSD to enhance the speed. My question is, How can i transfer the existing OS from the HDD to the new SSD using the back-up file?...
  4. Replacing old HDD with the new SSD for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  6. Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD

Install of Win 10 from old HDD to new SSD: My PC has a WD 1 T HDD as the primary drive with Win 10 installed. There is also an 2nd older WD HDD for data storage purposes if ever needed - unlikely.I recently bought a new 500 GB SSD drive. I would like to install my WIN 10 on the new SSD using it as the primary drive.To...
  7. Moving operating system to a new SSD on old Machine, but keep old HDD

Moving operating system to a new SSD on old Machine, but keep old HDD: Hi all My PC is a 2009 machine, 64 bit with a Phenom II 925 quad processor with a 1TB HD... so very old by PC standards. Instead of buying a new machine I was thinking I would buy a SSD and move the operating system to it as it seems to take an age to boot and use the...
  8. Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD

Windows 10 Installation to new SSD while keeping old HDD: Installed a new SSD, so my PC now has two drives. Have been running Windows 10 on the old HDD. I want to install Windows 10 on the new SSD. Using the Windows ISO DVD I made there is no choice where to install WIndows 10. I am not sure how to remove Windows 10 from the old HDD...
  9. Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD

Upgrade to Win10 on new SSD, keep old Win7 on HDD: Hi all, I am currently running OEM Windows 7 on a HDD, and want to take advantage of the "free" upgrade to Windows 10 (I know it expired in 2016, but I read that you can still do it). Problem is, I have some programs that I still use that I don't have the keys for, so I'd...
  10. Windows 10 and new SSD with Windows 7 in old HDD

Windows 10 and new SSD with Windows 7 in old HDD: My situation is this: I have now Windows 7 in my HDD, and I just bought a new SSD to install Windows 10 in. Also bought a new Windows 7 license (old one is pirated *Rolleyes). I'm going to install Win7, then upgrade to Windows 10 and do clean install. The question is, will I...