Windows 10: Old HDD

Discus and support Old HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeLangefeld, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Old HDD

So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine albeit just a bit loud. The only options I have on right click are "Delete Volume," "Help" and "Convert to dynamic disk."

:)

JoeLangefeld, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Old HDD

1. Old HDD - Similar Threads - Old HDD

2. Can I delete the whole OS partition on old HDD?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I delete the whole OS partition on old HDD?: Hi! I bought a new SSD and cloned the OS from my HDD into it. I tried booting the computer without the HDD opened the computer, physically removed it and booted. It booted just fine but I noticed that the pathway for my apps is still C:/.... when the letter for the OS in...
  3. Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old HDD windows 10 isn't fully functional: I had issues transfering files from my old PC to my new PC. So I put my old HDD with windows 10 OS in my new computer as a secondary drive. After I finished transfering the files. I put my old HDD back in my old PC. Now it's not working properly. It will boot the OS but I...
  4. After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After cloning my HDD to SSD Samsung 970 EVO plus I cannot remove the old HDD without...: Hello Everyone, I used AOMEI Backupper to clone my HDD to my SSD. After the clone, I went in BIOS to alter the boot order to boot from the SSD. This worked perfectly, and remains to. The problem is after unplugging the old HDD I cannot boot and get a BSOD. Specifically...
  5. I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cloned my mom's HDD in her old laptop to a new SSD but now Windows says C drive can't be...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dusty1015 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/md7n80/i_cloned_my_moms_hdd_in_her_old_laptop_to_a_new/
  6. Old external HDD not recognized in new PC

Old external HDD not recognized in new PC: I have an old external HDD Iomega with a Seagate drive ST3320820A. It works perfectly well connected to an old PC already too slow that I wish to discard. However when HDD is connected to a new PC it is not recognized. It seems the HDD doesn't exist. It should be noted that...
  7. Installing windows 10 on new sdd without losing files on old hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing windows 10 on new sdd without losing files on old hdd: I recently bought a new ssd and I want to install windows on it. My old hard drive has windows on it aswell. Can I install windows on the new ssd without losing any files on the hdd...
  8. Windows defaults to old HDD instead of newly installed SSD

Windows defaults to old HDD instead of newly installed SSD: Hi, I switched out my old HDD Western Digital 750GB and installed a new SSD SanDisk 500GB into my Windows 10 i7 ASUS laptop. It worked a treat speeding up boot times from about 2 minutes to less than 15 seconds. Super! I decided to reuse the old HDD by removing the...
  9. How do I transfer Data from old HDD to new SSD with different sector sizes?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer Data from old HDD to new SSD with different sector sizes?: Hi there, I have recently bought a new Samsung Evo 2TB SSD. I bought this to replace my old Hard drive as it is edging towards the end of its lifespan. However, whilst trying to clone the data and transfer it over to the new drive, there was a big problem in which it didn't...
  10. Old hdd problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old hdd problem: Hi I have this old "WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar 2850" and I plugged in with an Usb adapter and I got this sound that something got plugged in but I can't see it. submitted by /u/Joey_0w0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky09dy/old_hdd_problem/