Windows 10: Old HDD

Discus and support Old HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeLangefeld, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Old HDD

So I just found an old hdd I've been looking for and plugged it into my comp using a usb bridge. It didn't show in explorer so I checked disk management and there it is. It says it's healthy and while it's probably almost 25 years old, the drive is still running just fine albeit just a bit loud. The only options I have on right click are "Delete Volume," "Help" and "Convert to dynamic disk."

:)

JoeLangefeld, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Old HDD

1. Old HDD - Similar Threads - Old HDD

2. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  3. can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i plug in an old hdd with windows 7 into my windows 11 laptop?: Hi, I have an old pc with windows 7 on it, and I want to clean the hdd. Can i just plug the hdd into my windows 11 laptop and clean all the files on the hdd? The pc itself is too slow to delete all these things, and I cant factory reset it, because i don't have a disk to...
  4. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  5. What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?

What to do with the old Windows file in HDD after migrating to SSD?: I installed a new nVME m.2 SSD in my HP laptop and I then migrated the Windows data from HDD to SSD. I also changed the boot order from HDD to SSD. But now there exists a 200 GB Windows file in my HDD which is the old Windows boot file.Can anyone tell me If I can delete this...
  6. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...: Any time dea please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-replaced-my-hdd-hard-drive-on-an-old-dell/46fa474c-af41-49d7-b792-0c1131ec4b89
  7. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...: Any time dea please let me know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-replaced-my-hdd-hard-drive-on-an-old-dell/46fa474c-af41-49d7-b792-0c1131ec4b89
  8. I just replaced my hdd hard drive on an old dell Inspiron 5570 … the old one would not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD: I have a HDD which contains 512 GB of space. As the HDD was super slow and took a lot of time to boot up my PC, I ordered an SSD. I did not do any changes to the HDD whatsoever and installed Windows from scratch on the newly bought SSD. But when I tried to access old images...
  10. How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD

How to recover images from old HDD shortcuts after install of Windows on SSD: I have a HDD which contains 512 GB of space. As the HDD was super slow and took a lot of time to boot up my PC, I ordered an SSD. I did not do any changes to the HDD whatsoever and installed Windows from scratch on the newly bought SSD. But when I tried to access old images...