Windows 10: Old headset isn’t working with a new computer

Discus and support Old headset isn’t working with a new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a Surface Studio 2 laptop but my old Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality headset isn’t working with a new laptop. However it used to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alma Aguirre1, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Old headset isn’t working with a new computer

I bought a Surface Studio 2 laptop but my old Lenovo Explorer Windows Mixed Reality headset isn’t working with a new laptop. However it used to work without any problems with my old computer. The headset is recognized and tracking is working fine. But there is no image in the headset, only black screen.

My Surface Studio runs WIN 10 Pro (1809), NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 graphics card.

:)

Alma Aguirre1, Feb 10, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 10, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Old headset isn’t working with a new computer :p

cadaveca, Feb 10, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Old headset isn’t working with a new computer

Headset not working

Hi Mathieu,

We need to know if the issue is with the computer or headset. To isolate the concern, provide us the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop?
    • If you're using a laptop, does the built-in speaker works?
    • Are you using a USB headset or does your headset has a 3.5mm jack?
    • Do your headset works on other devices?
    • Have you tried using other headsets on your computer?
    In the meantime, follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link. The link provided different troubleshooting steps to help you resolve the issue.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

Old headset isn’t working with a new computer

1. Old headset isn’t working with a new computer - Similar Threads - Old headset isn’t

2. Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working: I recently bought the Xbox wireless gaming headset for my PC. I’m using Windows 10 and Discord chat client. For some reason when I’m in game I can’t adjust the voice/game mix and when I engage chat while watching a YouTube video for example the volume on the video cuts out...
  3. Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless headset game/voice mixer isn’t working: I recently bought the Xbox wireless gaming headset for my PC. I’m using Windows 10 and Discord chat client. For some reason when I’m in game I can’t adjust the voice/game mix and when I engage chat while watching a YouTube video for example the volume on the video cuts out...
  4. Old Files on New Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Files on New Computer: I set up a new computer 3/21/22. In the Searches folder are a bunch of files from 1979. Most of them are pak file extensions. Would these be from something I downloaded or maybe from an update? It's just 1979 is more than just old........
  5. problems with new and old computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with new and old computer: so I recently got a new laptop and every thing I deleted on it deleted on my old one even know I wanted to keep it on my old computer. Its also same with downloads every thing I download on my new laptop ends up on my old one. How would I keep this from happening...
  6. New headset mic not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New headset mic not working?: Just got a new cosair headset, and when plug it in, the audio in the headphones work just fine, but the mic doesn't pick up any noise, the computer built mic does. i try to change the input, but the headset doesnt even show up as an option. My only mic things say "Stereo mix"...
  7. Headset working but microphone isn’t

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset working but microphone isn’t: For some reason my microphone stopped working. I was in the middle of a game and then I get out and my audio is working but my mic isn’t working. I tryed connecting a different headset still just sound but no mic. submitted by /u/BillyForest123 [link] [comments]...
  8. new / old computer

in Windows 10 Support
    new / old computer: A friend found it on the shelf and gave it to me (ex hubby's) while it was bought used , it hadn't even been Activated . She couldn't find the adapter but that wasn't a problem, I have a couple of adapters that worked. (She's and Apple and penguin fan) It hadn't been...
  9. Install old computer on new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Install old computer on new computer: I have an HP LaserJet 1018 printer. There is no driver for Windows 10. This printer was installed on my Windows 7 laptop when I upgraded to Window 10. After the upgrade, the printer still worked fine. I now have a new Windows 10 laptop and I would like to be able to use...
  10. New monitor, old computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New monitor, old computer?: I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI. Plugged the DisplayPort cable into the computer and the monitor says no input connected. My guess is the video card is...