Windows 10: Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs

Discus and support Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an HP 15-bs289wm that will not load programs. I ran chkdsk c: /f/r/x but I had to remove the hard drive and do the repair on another computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sport98, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Sport98 Win User

Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs

I have an HP 15-bs289wm that will not load programs. I ran chkdsk c: /f/r/x but I had to remove the hard drive and do the repair on another computer because the HP would not do it. After reinstalling it there was no change. I don't know if this is a hard drive failure or something else. If I try to load a browser or anything else it might or might not load.If it does load it takes forever. Even turning the computer off from the Windows icon will not work. Any ideas?

:)

Sport98, Oct 24, 2020

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 24, 2020
  3. touchscreen no longer works

I have an HP Pavilion 24-g030xt with touchscreen. In device manager under Human Interface Devices it doesn't list touchscreen monitor. My computer is about 18 months old and the touchscreen works fine until about 2 months ago. Any suggestion?

samuelward, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs

HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs

1. Old HP computer that no longer works well and will not load any programs - Similar Threads - Old computer longer

2. Programs won't load or work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs won't load or work: A couple of hours ago while I was on facebook I suddenly had an AVG pop-up that it had secured a threat. I went to click AVG in taskbar icons but AVG didn't start/open and the icon disappeared. I went to AVG in c: program files and clicked on the exe and shortcut icons but...
  3. Programs won't load or work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs won't load or work: A couple of hours ago while I was on facebook I suddenly had an AVG pop-up that it had secured a threat. I went to click AVG in taskbar icons but AVG didn't start/open and the icon disappeared. I went to AVG in c: program files and clicked on the exe and shortcut icons but...
  4. Programs won't load or work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sites not loading well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sites not loading well: when i go to a site and it loads, the icon continues to circle for quite a while. This has not happened before.Everything is up to date and I have cleared ALL of my cache, cookies, browser history etc.Do you have a suggestion or possible explanation for why this is happening....
  6. My computer is not loading any folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer is not loading any folder.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Any-Damage-5044 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lqzaw1/my_computer_is_not_loading_any_folder/
  7. Any multi player game wont work well!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any multi player game wont work well!: Hi so I just moved and got a new PC and I was going to play on Minecraft, Fortnite, apex, etc but for some reason, it says I have bad internet but when I'm playing I would run a speed test and it showed it was fine is there something that might block internet to multiplayer...
  8. Remove Old Work Account no longer work there

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Old Work Account no longer work there: I keep getting error messages saying there is something wrong with my Microsoft Account. When I look over the Account Details, I see a Work Email Address that is no longer valid no longer work there. I have tried everything I can and have NOT been able to remove the OLD...
  9. Program will no longer load

Program will no longer load: I have Windows 10. I've been using a software entitled QuiltPro for years. I've upgraded every time one is offered. My program worked fine until just recently. Now it simply will not open. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, but to no avail. The QuiltPro...
  10. Old program no longer opens after update

Old program no longer opens after update: I use a program for a video game. It's located inside the game folder itself and worked on early versions of Windows 10. Ever since I updated my Windows it no longer opens. I've run the incompatibility troubleshoot and tried also the incompatibility tab within the program's...