Windows 10: Old laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore

Discus and support Old laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an old laptop with a lot of music I made, which I wanted to look up to remake them on my new laptop, but it was really slow. It always froze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KoningJesper, Jul 27, 2020.

1. Old laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore

I have an old laptop with a lot of music I made, which I wanted to look up to remake them on my new laptop, but it was really slow. It always froze when I started up FL Studio, so I thought I would do a system restore to January, where I stilll ahd the files. But since I did it, I constantly get the blue screen. I cant repair or do anything. Safe mode also gives the error and I only can go to command prompt. I did sfc scannow, but it didn't gave any disk errors. I am pretty hopeless, as there are some files on it which are pretty important to me

submitted by /u/KoningJesper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KoningJesper, Jul 27, 2020
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (COld laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (COld laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Jul 27, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Lawls Win User

Old laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore

Unable to Restore New Laptop from Backup of Old Laptop

Hi Ken. Thank you so much for providing me with this link. It talked me through solving my problem step by step and I successfully restored my files from my old laptop onto my new laptop. I can't thank you enough. Jeff

Lawls, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Old laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore

1. Old laptop crashed (Critical_Process_Died) aftr system restore - Similar Threads - Old laptop crashed

2. Cannot install Windows 10 on a very old laptop: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Windows 10 on a very old laptop: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have a very old laptop based on Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 which came with Windows Vista which works on it just fine. It has 3 GB of RAM, plenty of free space and otherwise 100% functional.I'm unable to install Windows 10, Version 21H2 on it because after the first reboot...
  3. Cannot install Windows 10 on a very old laptop: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Windows 10 on a very old laptop: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: I have a very old laptop based on Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 which came with Windows Vista which works on it just fine. It has 3 GB of RAM, plenty of free space and otherwise 100% functional.I'm unable to install Windows 10, Version 21H2 on it because after the first reboot...
  4. Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes then I get a Critical_Process_Died: I recently started getting this error out of nowhere and nothing seems to be fixing it. Could someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-then-i-get-a-criticalprocessdied/e67b834d-88ed-4beb-aea9-1f853b2f8de2
  5. Facing CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error on my system

Facing CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error on my system: Here is the link for the dump file https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IbzhkJlxKlvUdDsiPsFJLFzeQ3O9gh-9?usp=sharing I have updated all my drivers but still, I'm facing these critical process died issues, then I re-installed windows 10 on my system but still facing...
  6. onedrive causing critical_process_died crash

onedrive causing critical_process_died crash: Hi my computer crashes within minutes if I turn OneDrive sync on. Blue screen with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. If I pause the sync it the computer works fine. Hope someone out there can help me solve this problem. Best regards, Bjarni...
  7. Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring Old Back to a new Laptop!: Hey! My laptop was recently stolen and I've since purchased a new one. My laptop automatically backed up a few days before hand, and I am wondering If there is any way to locate that back up and restore on my new pc. I have no idea where it backed up to, one drive maybe? I...
  8. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Sporadic Crashes

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Sporadic Crashes: Hey guys, For the past week or so I've been getting intermittent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED blue screens. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary and they seemed to just start popping up out of nowhere. I read a couple of the other threads here about it, and couldn't seem to...
  9. Critical process died error after system restore

Critical process died error after system restore: Hi, yesterday I wanted to download a book, from a site called 'datafile'. I pressed on a button to download , had to fill in some words to check I am not a bot and a counter went down of 2 minutes. During this counter i actually left the site, because I didn't feel good...
  10. BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED trying system restore.

BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED trying system restore.: I was originally tryng to solve a problem with Task Scheduler and found this information. There was positive response,so I tried it. See my remarks below. "Re: Windows Task Scheduler service is disabled, can not be started [img] Originally Posted by TomasD [img]...