Windows 10: Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need?

Discus and support Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all.I'm after replacing the hdd with an ssd in my main laptop and installing win 10 home using media creation tool, it was activated through my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cu221, Nov 17, 2021.

1. cu221 Win User

Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need?

Hi all.I'm after replacing the hdd with an ssd in my main laptop and installing win 10 home using media creation tool, it was activated through my Hotmail account, it was all very straight forward.One of my old laptops running windows 7, hasn't been turned on in years. I'm thinking about doing the same job upgrading ssd and ram. The win7 product key is underneath laptop.Is installation the same? Can I just use the product key on laptop. Where is the best place to download win 7 from?Thanks in advance.

:)

cu221, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need?

1. Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need? - Similar Threads - Old laptop product

2. I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.: I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key. It's a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, I am looking forward to make it Windows 11 Pro in another PC but I can't get it's product key, I have tried the cmd but it gave me a weird error, I also tried the Windows...
  3. I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key.: I have an old laptop and I can't get it's Windows product key. It's a Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, I am looking forward to make it Windows 11 Pro in another PC but I can't get it's product key, I have tried the cmd but it gave me a weird error, I also tried the Windows...
  4. Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts: Hello, I am trying to reset an old computer to simply donate it and accidently deleted "important" records that make Win 7 run. So, I found my disc that I received from Martin Sacchi, Senior Director of Microsoft. The letter states the "key" was emailed to me. When? Which...
  5. Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts

Win 7 Product Key Emailed but I don't have access to any of my old email accounts: Hello, I am trying to reset an old computer to simply donate it and accidently deleted "important" records that make Win 7 run. So, I found my disc that I received from Martin Sacchi, Senior Director of Microsoft. The letter states the "key" was emailed to me. When? Which...
  6. i need a windows 7 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e
  7. i need a windows 7 pro product key

i need a windows 7 pro product key: sir i am kumar. i need a windows 7 pro product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-a-windows-7-pro-product-key/0765b392-c5a3-4624-a9e6-0c12adbc9b5e
  8. Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old laptop with win 7, have product key, what else do I need?: Hi all.I'm after replacing the hdd with an ssd in my main laptop and installing win 10 home using media creation tool, it was activated through my Hotmail account, it was all very straight forward.One of my old laptops running windows 7, hasn't been turned on in years. I'm...
  9. Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: What specs are needed on old laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10: What specs are needed on old laptop?: I'm posting on the Win 10 forum, rather than Win 7, because I think it's a Win 10 issue. My grandson uses one of my old Win 7 laptops. I've just found a HowToGeek article saying that MS are allowing free upgrades from 7 to 10. I just want to know if the old laptop has...
  10. Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Recovery USB---what else do I need? Win 10: Running Windows 10. Almost had a disaster last night. Blue screen indicating something like, "your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart." NTFS filesystem. Then got this over and over along with "Preparing automatic Repair". "Start up Repair" (didn't work). I couldn't...