Windows 10: old messages from focus asist

Discus and support old messages from focus asist in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; my computer is downloading an update, so is very slow, and a notification came up in Focus Assist, but disappeared. is there a way to retrieve old/past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phreec, Feb 9, 2020.

1. phreec Win User

old messages from focus asist

my computer is downloading an update, so is very slow, and a notification came up in Focus Assist, but disappeared. is there a way to retrieve old/past messages/notifications from Focus Assist??

:)

phreec, Feb 9, 2020
  2. Faith Win User

Focus Assistant on 1903

Greetings.

Can anyone help me figure out how the Focus assistant in Windows 10 build 1903 works exactly? Because right now I have it to"off" in the Setting menu, but everytime I do stuff it turns itself "on" by its own and keeps reminding me that "notifications will remain silent in the action center while you're in fullscreen mode". Here's how it behaves to me at the moment:

• Desktop only - Alarm Mode On (sleep symbol)
    • Opening Edge - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Settings - Focus Assistant Off
    • Opening Mail - Focus Asistant Off

Everytime I close and open edge, system menu, mail, calender etc the notification center pops up this message. The way it worked before (on 1809) was that when I played games in fullscreen mode the sleep symbol on the action center became active, but everywhere else it was turned off. Now it seems to think that my desktop is in fullscreen mode? I don't understand how this works exactly. I can open and minimize Edge constantly and the sleep symbol in the bottom right corner will appear and disappear everytime.

Faith, Feb 9, 2020
  3. IrvS Win User
    Random explorer.exe stealing focus

This was an upgrade over W8.1.

Only basically happens once, shortly after booting. Only time Thunderbird came to the front was when I was doing a reply. Otherwise I can't tell where the focus went.

I have WinPatrol running and it has the Startup list and other uses. There is nothing I can see that would even suggest that would be happening. McAfee Live Safe is my Security Suite and its scans find nothing. I've also run Hijack Hunter too.

I hope the FOCUS program will shed some light on this. The other program I needed to set the time limit for it to run but it never caught it.

IrvS, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

1. old messages from focus asist - Similar Threads - old messages focus

2. Losing focus

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing focus: Hello, I have an annoying bug that i could not find an answer for. When i click on de navigation bar in the explorer, First it turns blue what is normal but then it loses his focus somehow. When I open notepad and click inside, the focus switches on and off. When i click on...
  3. Message from a hacker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Message from a hacker: Hi, i got an email from a hackers where he said that i have to pay otherwise he will expose all of my private stuff. Is this normal to get? cause i tried to send it to my friend but it bounced back saying that the email provider is blocking this message. Both of us are using...
  4. Focus assist . . . message from Cortana

in Windows 10 Support
    Focus assist . . . message from Cortana: The three choices are: Priority . . . Alarms . . . Off I had Focus assist on Priority, and changed it . . . The message from her still gets through on Alarms Off seems to have fixed it Win Defender scan status appears to get through on "Off", also . . . some info through...
  5. Message from Microsoft

Message from Microsoft: I received a message on my computer that says it is from Microsoft. It said that it has stopped an unauthorized address trying to send a virus to ny computer and that I should call Microsoft. Does Microsoft send out messages like tha?t...
  6. Message from Microsoft

Message from Microsoft: I received a message on my computer from Microsoft, saying that it was stopping a virus from hitting my computer. It also gave a number and said for me to call them. Does Microsot send out messages like this?...
  7. WILL NOT FOCUS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WILL NOT FOCUS: HOW DO YOU FOCUS PICTURES NOT CLEAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-focus/095e7820-8bd6-4647-9ff6-3640bda989a3
  8. Focus Assist

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Focus Assist: Is Focus Assist a Windows thing? It just started popping up. I've never seen it before. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/focus-assist/5393202c-2261-48cf-8c13-b80aeaf8092c
  9. message from outlook

in Browsers and Email
    message from outlook: Hello everyone I have been having a few problems with my laptop computer so I have reset it. I am now getting this message that keeps appearing (see attached) How do I get rid of this, can anyone please help. Regards [img] 91953
  10. Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Apps/Programs from Focus Stealing: This is a general inquiry about how to disable specific programs' ability to steal focus/move their windows to front in windows 10. There used to be a registry you could edit to disable this I believe, but was removed for Windows 7(?) and apparently editing it (I've read [1])...