Windows 10: Old Microsoft account

Discus and support Old Microsoft account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am facing trouble while logging to Microsoft account. I am using my correct credentials.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidRangeZEr, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Old Microsoft account

I am facing trouble while logging to Microsoft account. I am using my correct credentials.

:)

DavidRangeZEr, Sep 7, 2020

2. Windows 10 Old Microsoft account issue.

Tom,

Thank you for your reply, appreciate the time taken by you in keeping us updated on the status of the issue.

Since the issue is still facing, you may try the below steps and check.

Step 1: Change your old account type from Microsoft account to Local account and then delete this old account by logging into some administrator account.

To switch to a Local Account follow these steps:

• Login to your old account.
    • Press “Windows key +X”.
    • Go to Settings
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • You will get an option “Switch to a Local account” right below your user account name.
    • Select “Switch to a local account” option.
    • Enter the required details.
    Step 2: Login to some other account which has administrator privilege and delete the old account.

• Click on Start and select
      Settings
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now select Family & other users.
    • Here you find your old account, just select and click on
      Remove.

Hope this helps. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 7, 2020
  3. How to replace old Microsoft Account with a new Microsoft Account

Hi Hitendra,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to switch your Microsoft account to a Local account first and then switch back with a new Microsoft account. Please refer to the following steps:

Step 1:

• Type Manage your accounts
      in the search bar and click on it
    • Click on "sign in with a local account instead"
    • Press next and complete the process.
    • If you do not have a local account, leave the credentials blank and proceed.

Step 2: Now, on the newly converted Local account, follow these steps to add a new MSA.

1. In the Start search, type "Manage your accounts" and press Enter.

2. Choose 'Accounts'.

3. Click on "sign in with a local account instead"

4. Enter the Microsoft account ID and Password and click Next.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Sep 7, 2020
  4. Old Microsoft account

Windows 10 Old Microsoft account issue.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

I suggest you to login to you’re built in admin account and then remove your old Microsoft account from here and check if it helps.

Step 1: Enable built in admin account

In search type "cmd" and right click on the command prompt and open as Administrator (Elevated command prompt).

In the elevated Command Prompt, type the following command and then press Enter key.

Net user administrator /active:yes, close the Command Prompt.

Restart PC, then you will be able to see Administrator account. Login here and do the changes.

Step 2: Remove the old Microsoft account

• Click on Start and select Settings.

• Click on Accounts.

• Now from your email and accounts
      select your old account and click on Remove and follow the instructions.

To hide the Admin account, use the below command:

net user administrator /active:no

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Old Microsoft account

1. Old Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Old Microsoft account

2. Microsoft account old bookmarks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account old bookmarks: How do I find and delete 10 year old bookmarks that keep reappearing after a reimage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-old-bookmarks/cf7a1d2b-4133-4918-857e-869b90046804
  3. Microsoft account old bookmarks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft account old bookmarks: How do I find and delete 10 year old bookmarks that keep reappearing after a reimage? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-old-bookmarks/cf7a1d2b-4133-4918-857e-869b90046804
  4. Microsoft account old bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Removing old Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing old Microsoft Account: I have several Microsoft online accounts, one with my current business address, one with my gmail address, and an old one for a business that doesn't work anymore - the domain isn't even registered. The gmail address isn't registered to anything on my PC, but the other two...
  6. Removing old Microsoft accounts

Removing old Microsoft accounts: Whenever I logged into my laptop, I get notified to fix my work/school account which is my old Microsoft account. I clicked on the account to remove it but I can't seem to see the remove button for it that appears on many searches I've made online to remove it.I've also tried...
  7. Deleting an old Microsoft Account

Deleting an old Microsoft Account: I changed my email login from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to ***@outlook,com but somehow I now have two accounts with each login. I want to delete the old account. I get a warning to make sure account reset is turned off. Is this only for Windows phones and...
  8. Remove old Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove old Microsoft account: I got a new Microsoft account and I am trying to remove the old one. There is no remove button in settings or user accounts. How do I delete it and set the other as the main one? submitted by /u/e1ectricthunder [link] [comments]...
  9. Old devices Microsoft account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Old devices Microsoft account: I deleted a device that was my old computer with win7 on it, it was associated with my game account for Modern Combat 5 Blackout that I have been playing for 4 yrs. Now I cannot use this account with my game only the one associated with Xbox. I had 1400 hrs on that account,...
  10. delete old microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    delete old microsoft account: how do i delete an old Microsoft account. My laptop has an old email address associated to its login and sleep modes but none of the last 3 passwords I have written down are working. Because the email address is no longer valid resetting the PW and then updating the email...