Windows 10: Old monitors

Discus and support Old monitors in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to set up a second monitor that has a windows 7 driver with a monitor that has a windows 10 driver?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by brunodelrio, May 28, 2020.

1. Old monitors

Is there a way to set up a second monitor that has a windows 7 driver with a monitor that has a windows 10 driver?

:)

brunodelrio, May 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 refuses to boot without the old monitor.

Hi,

To address your issue with connecting a new monitor, please perform these steps:

• Plug in the old monitor.
    • Uninstall the video driver, go to Device Manager > right-click on the video driver >
      Uninstall.
    • Unplug the old monitor, then connect the new one.
    • Turn on the computer, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    Update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, May 28, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 28, 2020
  4. Old monitors

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Old monitors

1. Old monitors - Similar Threads - Old monitors

2. Using old windows 10 laptops as external monitors and my new one as well.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using old windows 10 laptops as external monitors and my new one as well.: So My main laptop I always have with me is a windows 11 pro latitude 5300 2in1 and I'm looking for it to become more versatile. I wanna use it on trips as a external monitor for my switch and i have dongles and adaptors so it doesn't matter if the hardware allows it as i can...
  3. Using old windows 10 laptops as external monitors and my new one as well.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using old windows 10 laptops as external monitors and my new one as well.: So My main laptop I always have with me is a windows 11 pro latitude 5300 2in1 and I'm looking for it to become more versatile. I wanna use it on trips as a external monitor for my switch and i have dongles and adaptors so it doesn't matter if the hardware allows it as i can...
  4. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10: So I have this DVI Acer LCD monitor that has a sticker on it saying "Works With Windows Vista" now obviously I don't have Vista and I was wondering if it is compatible with my computer. I tried updating the drivers and stuff, everything in my device manager is up to date but...
  5. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10: So I have this DVI Acer LCD monitor that has a sticker on it saying "Works With Windows Vista" now obviously I don't have Vista and I was wondering if it is compatible with my computer. I tried updating the drivers and stuff, everything in my device manager is up to date but...
  6. Old acer monitor doesnt work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Windows 10 update: a driver update for my 10 years old monitor that is no longer sold for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update: a driver update for my 10 years old monitor that is no longer sold for a...: Hi, for the past few weeks, if I look in the optional Windows 10 updates, I see a driver update that specifically says its for my 10 years old monitor. I never found a monitor for it in Windows-10. I had to sort of make one with the Windows-XP driver version.So I am confused...
  8. Windows 10 update: a driver update for my 10 years old monitor that is no longer sold for a...

Windows 10 update: a driver update for my 10 years old monitor that is no longer sold for a...: Hi, for the past few weeks, if I look in the optional Windows 10 updates, I see a driver update that specifically says its for my 10 years old monitor. I never found a monitor for it in Windows-10. I had to sort of make one with the Windows-XP driver version.So I am confused...
  9. Windows 10 update: a driver update for my 10 years old monitor that is no longer sold for a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. How to swap an old HDmonitor with a new 4K monitor in a dual monitor setup and apply same...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to swap an old HDmonitor with a new 4K monitor in a dual monitor setup and apply same...: Hi In a dual monitor setup, I have recently changed from having one 4k monitor and one regular HD monitor to having two 4k monitors. However, in my display settings, the new monitor shows as if it is the old HD monitor in terms of resolution, and I cannot change to a 4k...