Windows 10: Old Organisation key controlling updates etc even after activating new license.

Discus and support Old Organisation key controlling updates etc even after activating new license. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Right so, as it says in the title, my old organisation key is still partly activated while controlling updates and stuff but I forgot to remove it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by KaiAsk, Jan 21, 2021.

1. KaiAsk Win User

Old Organisation key controlling updates etc even after activating new license.

Right so, as it says in the title, my old organisation key is still partly activated while controlling updates and stuff but I forgot to remove it before applying a new OEM license. The organisation settings are still applied after activating the new key for Windows and I've tried to reset the license by using the 3 commands: slmgr /upk , slmgr /cpky and slmgr /rearm, but after restarting, it shows that it's still activated with my new key in the activation settings and is still working but in control panels 'System" this shows as not having a key installed. Nothing has worked so far to reset the 'old license' while still having the ' *Some settings are managed by your organisation ' yellow text below my Windows Update panel.

Thanks, Kai

:)

KaiAsk, Jan 21, 2021

2. Activate new device with old device' product key

No, you can't do what you are suggesting, because the Windows 10 Pro license you mentioned is pre-loaded on the old machine. OEM licenses as they are called are not transferable. Only if the Windows 10 Pro was a retail store bought license would be able
    to do that. Otherwise, you have to purchase an entirely new full version license for the Windows 10 Home computer you now have.

Open Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Go to Store

Click the $99 button the make your purchase the follow the on screen instructions.

Learn more about transferring licenses:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 License question - New PC and old computer still exists.

Hi Microsoft Community!

I'm in the process of assembling a new PC and am going to give the old PC to my younger brother. I want to transfer my existing license to the new computer and if possible "de-license" the old one. These are the particulars:

• My Windows 10 license was purchased on the Microsoft website and originally activated with a product key.
    • I still have this product key.
    • I have since formatted the PC and after re-installing Windows 10 the activation is now with a digital license.
    • I prefer using local accounts on my PC and thus haven't created a Microsoft account enabled user.

My question is how to best go about transferring the license? Can I just format the old PC and activate my license on the new PC with the product key? If I do that will I get a problem when my brother installs Windows on the old computer again, since it
    now has a digital license?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Daniel Door, Jan 21, 2021
  4. MrGenius Win User

Windows 10 Creators Update Still Activates with "old" Windows 7/8 License Keys

Wait...I upgraded from a legal/activated copy of 7 to 10. The only license key I have for 10 is actually for 7. I don't actually have a license key for 10. I suppose I don't need one since it's tied to my hardware. But...oh never mind. I guess I have no point. *Oops! Old Organisation key controlling updates etc even after activating new license. :oops:

MrGenius, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Old Organisation key controlling updates etc even after activating new license. - Similar Threads - Old Organisation key

2. Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Digital License won't activate even after troubleshooting: The Motherboard is the same. Previously I had Windows 10 on a virtual machine, and the digital license worked in that case, however - recently, I've decided to dual boot Linux and Windows 10, and everything seems to work correctly except for the fact that the digital license...
  3. Transfer Activation Key after new Motherboard

Transfer Activation Key after new Motherboard: I built a PC a month ago and activated Windows 10 pro on it. Last week I had to replace the motherboard and now my key doesn't work. I called Microsoft support to transfer the key and they said the key was exhausted. I only used it once, but maybe it was used somehow before I...
  4. Remove Key License from old Motherboard

Remove Key License from old Motherboard: I have a windows 10 home license I have been using since about 2016. The computer is technically the same device referring to it as a whole, a unit, not by what windows considers the device. More on that in a minute., but I modify my hardware slightly every year or so. new...
  5. Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Key "Activated by Organisation is about to expire": I bought a new laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad 370) about a year and a bit (november i think) and now a message it popping up saying that my windows 10 pro license will expire soon as it was registered through an organisation. i am guessing i have to update my product key, but i cant...
  6. activation license key

activation license key: Does anyone know how to activate license key and what exactly is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activation-license-key/575d56f8-4838-441e-bb55-6012eae866e8"
  7. New key after activation problems

New key after activation problems: I just found out Microsoft changed my key after the Windows 10 professional activation problems. 121761
  8. message after Windows update - 'some settings are controlled by your organisation'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    message after Windows update - 'some settings are controlled by your organisation': After each Windows update I get a red notice saying 'some settings are controlled by your organization". can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/message-after-windows-update-some-settings-are/391b37fc-29e1-4469-a3ac-ea56a55b509d"
  9. Activation with old key?

Activation with old key?: So, I had Win 8.1 retail on my machine, updated it to W10. Now I swapped the mobo and trying to activate W10 again. It won't accept my old serial...is there a way to activate it? I thought retail (not OEM) versions could be transferred to a new build as long as they are...
  10. Can I use license key from old laptop, even if its "OA" ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use license key from old laptop, even if its "OA" ?: I have a broken old laptop. However, it does have one useful thing: a Win7 license key. Can I use this key to install Win7 on a desktop and upgrade to Win10? The laptop authenticity sticker on the underside says its "Home Premium OA" and OA I think means its already...